Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Why do you keep coming back to mobileread?
I need the technical info! Still! 52 36.88%
I just finished the last book in a series, and I'm in that depressed phase until I come up with the next set. 10 7.09%
I'm obsessed with eBook readers. No, really. And my friends are tired of hearing about them. 81 57.45%
For the company. 67 47.52%
Other (specify)... 33 23.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I come back for the blue one next to the green one that is on top of the yellow one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #17
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I've become addicted to technology, especially ebooks and ebook reading devices!
Does that make me a "technogeek" or do you have to understand all of the programming and such behind the technology to qualify?

There isn't a visit to MobileRead that doesn't give me a giggle and a smile!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #18
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
...Does that make me a "technogeek" or do you have to understand all of the programming and such behind the technology to qualify? ...
No, you don't have to understand the programming. We professional programmers don't understand it a lot of the time either!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #19
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I comz for avatars of Zelda and nothing else. Not one thing more. Occasionally, I come by for a doughnut. I comze for avatars of Zelda and doughnuts and absolutely nothing else. Nada. But once in a while I comz for happy llamas. I comz for avatars of Zelda, occasionally a doughnut or three, and happy llamas. Not single nuther thing. Oh, wait....

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #20
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
no choclate ! - shame on you (bacon)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #21
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I comz for avatars of Zelda and nothing else. Not one thing more. Occasionally, I come by for a doughnut. I comze for avatars of Zelda and doughnuts and absolutely nothing else. Nada. But once in a while I comz for happy llamas. I comz for avatars of Zelda, occasionally a doughnut or three, and happy llamas. Not single nuther thing. Oh, wait....

And once in awhile you stop by for a drink . . . Name:  dog_drinking_water.gif
Views: 356
Size:  36.6 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #22
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
And once in awhile you stop by for a drink . . . Attachment 45071
No drinking out of the toilet please!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #23
Ghostlight
Book Nut
Ghostlight is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Ghostlight is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Ghostlight is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Ghostlight is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Ghostlight is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Ghostlight is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Ghostlight is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Ghostlight is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Ghostlight is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Ghostlight is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Ghostlight is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: iPad 2, Nook Color
I like the technical help, and the news on topics like DRM is interesting. I'm sure I never thought much about DRM until I joined mobileread. Now I'm ready to become an activist.
Ghostlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #24
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Where else can I hear endless theft/not-theft debates about copyright infringement? Also, my friends are tired of hearing me rant about page sizes of PDFs.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #25
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
No drinking out of the toilet please!

That's not a toilet.

It's a really big porcelain goblet.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #26
devilsadvocate
Complicated Warlock
devilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role model

Device: HP Mini 1101, Droid X rooted, GTab rooted/VEGAnTAB Ginger Edition/CM7
More fun than a conversation in a bar.

That's high praise coming from me considering the bar conversations I used to get into.
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #27
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
That's not a toilet.

It's a really big porcelain goblet.
Ok then....

Last edited by Javed; 02-05-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Also because no one else I know has an ebook reader, and everone looks at me like I'm nuts when I start talking about it.

The looks are priceless. "Why on earth would you waste you money that way?" "But.....its not a real book!"

'Sigh. A closed mind is an awful thing....

And besides.........I'm lonely.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #29
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Also because no one else I know has an ebook reader, and everone looks at me like I'm nuts when I start talking about it.

The looks are priceless. "Why on earth would you waste you money that way?" "But.....its not a real book!"

'Sigh. A closed mind is an awful thing....

And besides.........I'm lonely.

Name:  yeahthat.gif
Views: 320
Size:  576 Bytes too.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #30
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I stop in for the company and the obsession. My obsession. My obsession with company and ereaders.

But Iʻm a really bad participant lately. Somehow that darn thing we call "life" (aka job, kids, kidsʻ activities, spouse, cooking meals, making the kids clean the house, books, research classes, ds, wii, kids again) gets in the way.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote