Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
jduvall
Enthusiast
jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
Is this a great deal?

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Reade...8957167&sr=8-5

Is that an amazing deal or is it garbage?

The fact that it has both a house and car charger for 18 bucks screams amazing but the lack of reviews worries me.

Anyone buy it?
jduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
MAybe not so amazing... I don't know..

Just be careful because the product name says.

"
Black Leather Cover Case"

But later in the description it says:

The high quality faux leather case is the perfect stylish compliment to your Sony Reader PRS-600.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
Well, you get a lot of stuff to be sure... but I'm not sure of the quality of some of the items.

For example, I don't trust the case or the light not to be garbage. The screen protector too, for that matter... A light is probably something you want to see a lot of reviews on.

Stuff you probably wouldn't need:
It's a standard USB cable so I have many extras. It's not a cell phone so I can't see myself needing to charge it in a car... I've never used the lanyard before.

I'd go with an m-edge 700 cover for 15.00, a well reviewed light for 10-20... A charger if the USB charging is inadequate for you.
Waba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
It is a lot of stuff, but do you really need it all? The Reader comes with a USB cable so that's hardly a prize. The wall charger can be purchased very inexpensively on eBay, same for the car charger. Maybe better to buy a nice cover and a light you can see before you buy.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote