Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #346
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Have you tried using a credit card recently? Kobo now has set up a Delaware company for transactions. You may not get hit with the foreign transaction fee.
Well, I'd go try ... but they no longer sell gift cards.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #347
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
eHarlequin Coupon!

Buy any 2 books and get a 3rd book FREE.
Limited time only!

Coupon Code: BUY2GET3RD

*Offer valid until May 23, 2013, 11:59 p.m. EDT. Offer applies to both print and ebooks. Offer entitles each customer to one free book with the purchase of at least two other books. Only one free book per order. Lowest priced book in shopping cart at Checkout will be free. Not to be used with other offers or coupons. One-time use only.
Advert
Old 05-18-2013, 12:44 AM   #348
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's not a credit card but a way to add funds electronically. You buy it just like you would a gift card. You then add the code on the back to your PayPal or Green Dot prepaid card.

My mom uses it to send me money all the time. I take the code she gives me on the phone and redeem it on my prepaid credit card to add funds to it. It's Instantaneous so I get it right away.

Yes you read many things from the BBB about it because there are some really gullible people out there. Its not Green Dot's fault that bad people abuse the method. Same thing happens with Western Union or Moneygram. In fact we can't use Moneygram due to my husband's name (which is a common name I might add) is banned from the service.

Mom had to use Western Union which charges alot more to wire money and now thanks to Moneypaks it makes it so much easier and cheaper on her to send money to us.

You can buy Moneypaks at gas stations and places like Walgreens and of course Walmart. Moneypak's site will tell you where the closest dealer is.
I'd have never though of it to try to send money to a relative (unless you need to hide the transaction or can't qualify for a bank account, I suppose, which is now nearly impossible, with bank cards being used as payroll payment cards so many places, for people that don't have their own accounts -- I heard that Walmart would let pretty much anyone open one, as well). I'd just use paypal for that (or mail a check ... 40 cents or so is a lot cheaper than $5). I guess I hang out in the wrong places (and don't go inside for gas stations), as I've never heard of them. And I'd put them in the same category as third party gift cards, I suspect, if I did see them, or high fee prepaid credit cards. I suppose for situations where you absolutely have to send money immediately, it might be convenient, tho.

Western Union used to be the way to go, but the only people I see using it now are illegals sending money out of the country (there is one busy all the time inside pretty much every Hispanic market, here, it seems). Oh, and the scamsters using it to get grandma's cash to bail out the grandkids. At least some of the WU markets have started stopping people from making some of those sends, but not all, sadly.

Another place that used to be interesting for transferring money was Revolution Money Exchange (but I can't remember using my account in ages). Now, though, banks fall all over themselves to let you just transfer money directly to another person's account. I suspect because they are deathly afraid that cell phone money exchanges will catch on here, as they have in the 'third world' (where they are actually more technologically advanced, in a few areas, as they had no existing infrastructure to displace).

(Oh, and I know someone whose name is on the "suspicious" list for air flights. There are dozens with the same name, just in this town, thousands nationwide. running these lists based on name only and nothing else is pretty ridiculous).
Old 05-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #349
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
eHarlequin Coupon!

Limited time only!

*Offer valid until May 23, 2013, 11:59 p.m. EDT. Offer applies to both print and ebooks. Offer entitles each customer to one free book with the purchase of at least two other books. Only one free book per order. Lowest priced book in shopping cart at Checkout will be free. Not to be used with other offers or coupons. One-time use only.
Eek! I was trying to be good this week. But Kobo coupons and now this....
Old 05-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #350
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I'd have never though of it to try to send money to a relative (unless you need to hide the transaction or can't qualify for a bank account, I suppose, which is now nearly impossible, with bank cards being used as payroll payment cards so many places, for people that don't have their own accounts -- I heard that Walmart would let pretty much anyone open one, as well). I'd just use paypal for that (or mail a check ... 40 cents or so is a lot cheaper than $5). I guess I hang out in the wrong places (and don't go inside for gas stations), as I've never heard of them. And I'd put them in the same category as third party gift cards, I suspect, if I did see them, or high fee prepaid credit cards. I suppose for situations where you absolutely have to send money immediately, it might be convenient, tho.

(Oh, and I know someone whose name is on the "suspicious" list for air flights. There are dozens with the same name, just in this town, thousands nationwide. running these lists based on name only and nothing else is pretty ridiculous).
Agreed how many people share the same name?

Mom using Paypal to give me money does me really no good since PayPal refuses give me back my debit card until I can add a Credit Card with my street address. That's not going to happen I get my mail at a PO Box. If she does Paypal I have to wait a week for the funds to show up in my Bank and then tranfer them on my card. Moneypak is so much faster, easier and cheaper for us.

The Walmart prepaid card I use is the same bank as the PayPal Card anyway so it's accepted pretty much everywhere.

As for a bank account that's something I would never let anywhere near my relatives after one of them stole my identity years ago you learned to keep important info away from them.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-18-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Advert
Old 05-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #351
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
New author Violet Duke's first in a trilogy on sale for $0.99:

Resisting the Bad Boy
http://www.amazon.com/Resisting-NICE.../dp/B00C3E9UHU

The second book is coming out May 24th, the third in July. (contemporary romance)
Old 05-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #352
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
eHarlequin Coupon!

Limited time only!

I get a coupon error with this one, maybe it's only for certain customers? And I had my books all picked out!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #353
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
I get a coupon error with this one, maybe it's only for certain customers? And I had my books all picked out!
Just showed up in my email.

Make sure you cut/paste and have no extra spaces around the coupon code. If it doesn't work, email them and they'll generally fix it.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #354
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Agreed how many people share the same name?

Mom using Paypal to give me money does me really no good since PayPal refuses give me back my debit card until I can add a Credit Card with my street address. That's not going to happen I get my mail at a PO Box. If she does Paypal I have to wait a week for the funds to show up in my Bank and then tranfer them on my card. Moneypak is so much faster, easier and cheaper for us.
I can see easier, in that case (but cheaper? if you are using banks at each end, do they charge a fee?)

Oh, and I know what you mean about bank accts (you can't even trust sending a check to some people); I dealt with payroll companies for years and their employees would forge checks on the company's account now and then (no problem cashing them, but most were idiots and used their own names...). A few of the places that transfer require you to know the other person's account info (which is backwards, as far as I'm concerned), but I believe a few are starting to only need the email address to send the money (the banks have to know acct info, but there is no reason individuals should have to do so).

I keep a separate acct, just to tie to paypal. Then fund and drain it from a second acct, at another bank (no charge for the transfers). But, I prefer purchases to hit the credit card, for the added protection (I have had stores overcharge, although not often, but hey - that's extra points for amazon cash ...).
Old 05-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #355
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
I'm having the same problem. I've emailed them.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #356
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Bookmarked!

Oh we are in trouble! Amazon now has a New Adult section!
No more wading to find the good ones!
Sweet murphy I'm in trouble! On the first page I have 2/3 of the books!

I did finish the second Lauren Abrams book and loved it even more than the first. It's her characters and her writing, she writes about young[ish] people, but it's intelligent, mature and at times witty and insightful. I highly recommend both books.

BTW, isn't Connie Mason one of your fave authors? Here's a freebie, To Tame a Renegade

Last edited by dreams; 05-18-2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: removed affiliate link - moderatior
Old 05-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #357
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Sweet murphy I'm in trouble! On the first page I have 2/3 of the books!

I did finish the second Lauren Abrams book and loved it even more than the first. It's her characters and her writing, she writes about young[ish] people, but it's intelligent, mature and at times witty and insightful. I highly recommend both books.

BTW, isn't Connie Mason one of your fave authors? Here's a freebie, To Tame a Renegade

contains affiliate tag (removed in quote)
Old 05-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #358
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Free: Love Bites (Vampyres of Hollywood)
by Adrienne Barbeau
booksBnimble

Quote:
She's gorgeous-and only 450! He's hot. She's a vampyre movie star. He's a cop. So what if they're different species? In more than one way.

A witty take on vampyres-and Hollywood. Not to mention love%u2026

Ovsanna Moore is the star of 17 blockbuster horror films, a few not quite so successful, and 3 that went straight to video. She's also a 450-year-old vampire, whose clan includes Orson Welles and Theda Bara and most of Hollywood's A-list actors…but not too many people know that.

Peter King is the poster boy for hunky Beverly Hills police detectives. When he detects Ovsanna's pearly whites are often times bloodied fangs, instead of borrowing his mother's garlic and holy water, he asks Ovsanna for a date. And a romantic Christmas Eve turns into a holiday of horror. Right through New Year's.

First the paparazzi, then the werewolves, then the agents, and the rougarou at the Sportsmen's Lodge--everyone wants a piece of Ovsanna. Literally. And it doesn't help that Ovsanna's personal assistant and sometimes lover is using black magick to get rid of Peter.

Ovsanna calls on her clan, the Vampyres of Hollywood, to help her and Peter fight for their lives against a menagerie of supernatural beasts that give John Carpenter's The Thing a run for its money. Love does more than just bite in this witty, vampire-thriller romance.

Barbeau's "Scream Queen" credentials make her the only author who could combine such a fast-paced, edgy plot with tongue-in-cheek references to the inner workings and vanity of Hollywood. A whirlwind of action, Love Bites is a hilarious and clever take on vampyres--as well as on Hollywood--that readers will never forget.
http://www.amazon.com/Love-Bites-Vam...dp/B00BDXADE6/
Old 05-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #359
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Free: Love Bites (Vampyres of Hollywood)
by Adrienne Barbeau
booksBnimble

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Bites-Vam...dp/B00BDXADE6/
, grabbed that one too!
[My apologies for above link, still not sure how all this stuff works, I was excited for Blossom!]
Old 05-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #360
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
If you snagged Her Mad Baron a couple days ago when it was free, I recommend you add it to the top of your tbr list. Unfortunately, it is up to $2.99 now. A very strong heroin, an interesting plot, with several twists and turns. I really enjoyed it.
Closed Thread