Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #181
creeker2
PE user
creeker2 began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Please bear with

me but I am a new PE user. I want to give the unit to my son and do a Factory Reset. However I can't figure out how to do it. I can't get to anything that says Factory Reset. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks, I found it under PRIVACY

Last edited by creeker2; 10-23-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Found the answer
creeker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #182
creeker2
PE user
creeker2 began at the beginning.

I'm Back

As stated in the previous reply I found the Factory Reset. I'd know like to give the unit to my son. It wants to take me thru the registration process. Now that PE is no longer supported do I still go thru that process or is there a walk-around?
creeker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #183
imolm3
imolm3 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketEdge
Bypass Registeration

I had the same problem, and found the solution here;

Gunnerp245
At the registration screen with the LCD on the right, click in the corners counterclockwise starting with the upper left, lower left, etc. I have tried it and it works. Video posted by obsessed2 showing above method.

Good Luck
imolm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #184
Chevalier529
Chevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enough

Device: EnTourage Edge Pocket
Obsessed,

Just want to express my gratitude for your incredible dossier on the entourage for we neophytes. I am proud to say that I figured how to establish my email accounts without your guidance--took some trial and error. But I've got all my yahoo and gmail accounts up and running under Dingo 1.6. Want to learn my way around my PE before upgrading to V1.01.

Am downloading books as well and enjoying their reads without need of a computer for transfer. Just finished a pretty good though short book "Cobblestones." Am reading a wild Singularity one now.

Good luck to you all with your new purchases; might you find it/them as cool as I have come to delightfully discover with mine! s//
Chevalier529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #185
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier529 View Post
Obsessed,

Just want to express my gratitude for your incredible dossier on the entourage for we neophytes.

Your welcome. Thank you for the kind comment.

Quote:
I am proud to say that I figured how to establish my email accounts without your guidance--took some trial and error.
Experimentation is one of the best ways to learn your way around the Edge. However, should you have any questions, the users on this forum are incredibly helpful . Welcome to MobileRead and enjoy your Edge.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-01-2011 at 07:07 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #186
Chevalier529
Chevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enough

Device: EnTourage Edge Pocket
I found a site http://www.e-eeasy.com/SMTPServerList.aspx that posts most if not all the providers out there and their smtp servers. It's a longggg list--world wide. Hope this helps anyone. s//
Chevalier529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #187
wanchen_chang
wanchen_chang began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Hello,
I downloaded Manual Update to Ermine and followed the directions but never got the "Updating software" splash screen. I have an EE with Dingo 1.11 and firmware version 1.6.
Thank you for your help!
wanchen_chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #188
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchen_chang View Post
Hello,
I downloaded Manual Update to Ermine and followed the directions but never got the "Updating software" splash screen. I have an EE with Dingo 1.11 and firmware version 1.6.
Thank you for your help!

A couple of things to try:

- Make sure you only hold the Menu and Rotate buttons for about 10 seconds

- Try another USB thumb drive or a microSD card if available (see the last post in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...134237&page=15)

- Try downloading the Ermine update from another source
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:05 AM   #189
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchen_chang View Post
Hello,
Thank you for your help!
Welcome to MobileRead, wanchen_chang!

A couple of things: Are you sure you have the Ermine update for the EE and not for the PE? That's important.

Dingo 1.11 is not the latest Dingo. You might need/want to update Dingo first.

Of course, by now you may have overcome all obstacles and be enjoying your Ermanized EE -- I hope so!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #190
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
get the pablob ermine golden rc2 version with market. it is stable and works very well.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #191
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
get the pablob ermine golden rc2 version with market. it is stable and works very well.
But ONLY for the Pocket eDGe.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #192
justfarley
justfarley began at the beginning.

Device: eDGe
Wink THANK YOU MUCHLY

justfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #193
rrozzi
rrozzi began at the beginning.

Obsessed2 ....can you help?
I made it thru the registration with the help of your video/directions. Thanks you much. I tried to turn my edge on today & it cant make it past the initializing screen w/o freezing. I re-set it, I let the battery wear down, recharged it... nothing is working. ideas?
rrozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #194
Filark

Hi rrozzi, welcome to the forum!

I am not Obsessed (oh, I like the sound of that! ), but if you haven't already you may wish to read the following threads about problems similar to yours: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=135225, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162905. If none of the suggestions help in your case, you might want to reply to one of those threads so that people can easily see what kind of help you need.

I sincerely hope your PE will soon come back to life!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #195
rrozzi
rrozzi began at the beginning.

Thanks so much Filark... I'm very new at these threads so I appreciate you pointing out others that had the same issue. I'm crossing my fingers
rrozzi is offline   Reply With Quote