Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Doesn't save page and keeps restarting?

Hello!
How do I get my Kindle3g to save the last page read? It used to do it, and all the sudden it doesn't?

Also, it seems to keep resetting, but that might be a fluke.
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are you using the Amazon unlighted case? If so, take the Kindle out of the case and see if that sorts the problem.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you using the Amazon unlighted case? If so, take the Kindle out of the case and see if that sorts the problem.
No, no case. I am using a silicone grippy sleeve, but it can't affect the on/off slide.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Have you tried a factory reset?

How many books do you have on your Kindle?
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Have you tried a factory reset?

How many books do you have on your Kindle?
I have about 100 books, but there aren't any indexing and it's been a week or so since I've added any.
I did the hold the power switch for 20 seconds, I'm not sure how to do a factory reset?
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 07:08 PM   #6
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Press Home, Menu, select Settings, press Menu AGAIN, then select RESTART (not the other one to wipe everything out)
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
I wonder ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2Be View Post
Hello!
How do I get my Kindle3g to save the last page read? It used to do it, and all the sudden it doesn't?
Hi Belle2Be
I had the same problem all of a sudden but only on 1 book, but so far I'm not quite clear what caused it. I THINK that my problem occured because I was not happy with the convertion to mobi. So I had read approx 30% of the book, when I decided to reconvert in Calibre with new settings, transfer new book to the K3. The book looked way better, so I just read along till the end.
But .. no matter what I did, 30% read was all I ever saw.
Did a backup of documents folder to my pc, deleted the "bookname".mbp file
and "read" the book again ( page forward, page forward, etc, til the end )
Do you have this problem with all books, or ?
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Press Home, Menu, select Settings, press Menu AGAIN, then select RESTART (not the other one to wipe everything out)
Thanks! That seemed to do the trick, no issues since

pchrist7, it has only been the one book, but the reset seemed to help!