Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Aaredrachen
Aaredrachen began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
PC side and bottom bars

On my PCs under both Windows XP and 7 calibre does not adapt the space it uses to side (the old Office bar) and bottom bars. Thus, calibre's right and bottom texts or signs (e.g. the red x to close the programme at the top right corner) disappear wholly or in part behind the bars. All other software I use automatically adjust their use of space. Certaînly, calibre could be programmed to do this, too.
Aaredrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre uses the Qt function availableGeometry to determine available screen size. If that is returning an incorrect result with your toolbars, you should open a ticket on the Qt tracker at nokia.com

See http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/qdesktop...ilableGeometry
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 03:17 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaredrachen View Post
On my PCs under both Windows XP and 7 calibre does not adapt the space it uses to side (the old Office bar) and bottom bars. Thus, calibre's right and bottom texts or signs (e.g. the red x to close the programme at the top right corner) disappear wholly or in part behind the bars. All other software I use automatically adjust their use of space. Certaînly, calibre could be programmed to do this, too.
I'm curious what bars are you talking about. I guess your referring to an old MS Office toolbar that Microsoft ditched in MS Office 2003 and MS Office 2007. Do you have any idea why they dropped that feature? By bottom bar are you referring to the Task Bar?

I tried to replicate your problem but was unsuccessful. No matter what I did maximizing calibre fit it to the screen perfectly.

Sorry I couldn't help out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #4
Aaredrachen
Aaredrachen began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Calibre, bottom and side bars

You are right. It now works. At least with Windows XP (I have not yet tested Windows 7). Whether this has to do with the fact that in the meantime I upgraded to calibre version 0.7.12 I don't know.
Thanks!
Aaredrachen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bugs, programming calibre