Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 07:51 AM   #1
phmadore
phmadore began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Smile Love Shortcovers

Almost tripped up and paid nearly $15 to BooksOnBoard for Cormac McCarthy's The Road, but then I noticed they didn't really have the format I was looking for. Looking back I could have made the Adobe work over there, but I'm glad I looked around and found the same book for $9.99. Like buying an album on iTunes. Fair price, I'd say. Shortcovers needs to keep existing. Yes.
phmadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
What I like about Shortcovers is that when I buy an ePub book, it automatically downloads to my iPhone. And, since it's ePub, I can also load it onto my Sony 505. That way I always have the book at hand.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Shortcovers has some very competitive prices, and I've purchased a number of titles from them. It seems their pricing is comparable to Amazon on many books, but unfortunately they don't have near the selection that Amazon has. I too like the fact that books you purchase in eub are also automatically downloaded to your Ipod Touch.

Overall, Shortcovers is rapidly becoming my favorite e-bookstore.

SteveK

Last edited by SteveK; 12-05-2009 at 06:26 PM.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
I too like the fact that books you purchase in eub are also automatically downloaded to my Ipod Touch.
Hang on; books I purchase are automatically downloaded to YOUR iPod Touch? I think this means you owe me a beer!
Old 12-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hang on; books I purchase are automatically downloaded to YOUR iPod Touch? I think this means you owe me a beer!
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
That clinched it for me...loading to both the ipod and my sony 505 is awesome! Thanks for the info
rjfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
OK, Cassidy, you got me. No, unfortunately I haven't figured out a way to get books you buy onto my Ipod Touch. But I did have to send them an email to find out how to delete a book from the Touch, since I didn't see it anywhere in their documentation. I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly swiping to the left across a title will bring up the delete button.

(Original mistake corrected).

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

I still say that, if you ever see me in a bar, you have to buy me a drink! Sorry but that's MobileRead's rules.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:11 AM   #9
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I actually signed up, but the books I want are not available in my country...

Last edited by lene1949; 12-07-2009 at 03:12 AM. Reason: grammar
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #10
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I still say that, if you ever see me in a bar, you have to buy me a drink! Sorry but that's MobileRead's rules.
Sorry, MobileRead rules only apply in a llounge. Bars don't count.

pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Back to Shortcovers for a minute: just got an email from them announcing new software available for download to your Smartphone. Along with this is a $2 discount off the book of your choice. Discount code is Apple2 and the deal is good through 10 December
Old 12-15-2009, 06:10 AM   #12
toolio
Enthusiast
toolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader/IPAQ 210/Ipod Touch
I'm a big fan of Kobo (formerly Shortcovers). The ability to load purchases on both my Sony reader and iPod Touch is terrific. When I want to continue reading a book on the go, with a device that fits in my shirt pocket, I pick up where I left off on the iPod.

Kobo may not have the biggest selection, but its prices are often very good. And it seems to have a lead in ebooks by Canadian authors (it`s a Canadian store)--and there are plenty of great Canadian writers.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:26 AM   #13
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I sent a PM to the guy from Shortcovers three days ago AND posted the question to the forum here and still no answer. They used to be on top of questions here. What happened?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #14
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Not sure if you saw our announcement on Monday, but we are loading 1.8 million titles from the Internet Archive scanning project in the coming days. That should help with the selection - at least on the free side of things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolio View Post
I'm a big fan of Kobo (formerly Shortcovers). The ability to load purchases on both my Sony reader and iPod Touch is terrific. When I want to continue reading a book on the go, with a device that fits in my shirt pocket, I pick up where I left off on the iPod.

Kobo may not have the biggest selection, but its prices are often very good. And it seems to have a lead in ebooks by Canadian authors (it`s a Canadian store)--and there are plenty of great Canadian writers.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #15
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Sorry again ficbot - just coming up for air from the rebrand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I sent a PM to the guy from Shortcovers three days ago AND posted the question to the forum here and still no answer. They used to be on top of questions here. What happened?
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote