Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #136
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@PeterT - what I could do is sort the Not Installed list by date as the default, as I agree that would be the most useful. And leave the other views as sorted by name. How does that sound?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #137
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
That sounds perfect to me!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #138
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.2.5 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Sort by plugin name for all views except Not Installed, which is sorted by release date descending
Old 06-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #139
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Works like a charm
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #140
kiwidude

Integration with Calibre 0.8.6

A heads up that with the much appreciated help of Kovid we have integrated this plugin into the Calibre codebase for the next release.

At the time you upgrade Calibre you should uninstall this "Plugin Updater" plugin, as it is superceded by a "Plugin Updates" plugin that will come with Calibre.

Due to some logic Kovid added to Calibre a while ago (that I had forgotten about), by keeping the same "Plugin Updater" name for this plugin it will automatically uninstall the version you have downloaded from this thread and prevent you from installing it again.

You can see from the screenshots below that the integration now has:
  • Buttons to get new or check for updated plugins from the Preferences->Plugins dialog
  • A menu option in Preferences to check for new plugins
  • A hyperlink at the bottom right showing when plugin updates are available, checked when Calibre starts up (and every 24 hours if you keep Calibre open that long)
  • As per the current plugin, updating of the toolbar icon to indicate updates available

When Calibre is released I will be marking this plugin as "Deprecated" in the plugin index thread. I will keep the download available on the first post for a little while for users who for whatever reason are sticking to legacy Calibre versions. Though I would suggest for those of you who do that your "pool of plugins" to choose from is going to diminish over time as the plugins themselves increase their dependencies on later Calibre versions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PluginPreferences.png
Views:	309
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	72807   Click image for larger version

Name:	PreferencesMenu.png
Views:	314
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	72808   Click image for larger version

Name:	UpdateNotifications.png
Views:	311
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	72809  

Last edited by kiwidude; 06-16-2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Updated screenshot and instructions
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #141
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Congratulations! A great piece of work that's really helped with managing plugins (mainly yours ) This should help get plugins out to even more users.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #142
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Congrats, that is good news.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #143
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Woo Hoo!
Gone main stream
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #144
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
@Kovid, kiwidude - a trivial couple of questions. I see the text message indicates "1 updated plugins" - can this be changed to "1 updated plugin" when there is only 1 update? And should the Get new Plugins button be swapped with Add new plugins since most users will want to get new plugins from Mobileread and hit the first add/get button they see. The file dialog might be confusing (and/or have it say Add or Load plugins from file)

Well, if that's all I can find to comment on, it must be good
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #145
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@meme: I changed the button order. I can't be bothered with specializing the text for the case of a single update.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #146
kiwidude

I have updated the first screenshot above and the "uninstall" instruction as that will not be necessary though it does no harm. I am assuming Kovid will accept my branch change to rename the plugin back to "Plugin Updater". I had completely forgotten about a change Kovid made for me a while ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I committed code that will do two things:

1) Ignore any user plugins that have the same name as a builtin plugin, so if a future calibre release gets a builtin plugin with the same name as a user plugin, the user plugin will be ignored. Not only that, the plugin will be silently uninstalled (this is for performance, so that the plugin zip file is not unnecessarily read at each calibre startup)

2) Popup an error message if a user tries to add a plugin with the same name as a builtin plugin
Old 06-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #147
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I unisntalled the Plugin Updater plugin, downloaded the latest calibre source, and then restarted Calibre runnng from source.

It now shows me that v1.0.0 of the Plugin Updater is installed, and then says 1.2.5 is available. I assume that this 1.0.0 version is the one now built into Calibre, while 1.2.5 is the last of the versions from the Plugins forum? Is this expected behavior and I should now update to the 1.2.5 release? If it is not I can see it confusing people when the 0.8.6 Calibre release comes out.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #148
kiwidude

@itimpi - what will happen when 0.8.6 is released is that Plugin Updater will be removed from the Plugin Index page, as it is no longer a "User Plugin". So it will no longer appear in the list of plugins that plugin updater displays.

That is a task I will do tomorrow. In the meantime, had you tried to "install" you would have found you get an error message telling you that you cannot, as per (2) of Kovid's change above.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #149
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
OK - I thought it seemed a bit obvious to have been overlooked
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #150
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I am not sure if I should be putting this here since this plugin is now a part of Calibre, but the new version in Calibre does not give you the changed icon (red exclamation point) letting you know there are new updates to be installed. Can this be added back? The notification at the bottom is hard to see unless you look down there, and for those users who are used to the icon notification, this is not as visually appealing. Just a friendly request.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote