Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-05-2015, 03:55 AM   #1
Coraline
Coraline began at the beginning.

Device: ipad air 2
iTunes movies, how to remove drm?

Hi everyone,

I have a somehow simple question related to my ipad or my apple devices in general.. I am not sure if this is the right question for this forum, however my boyfriend recommended this one, in order to ask questions about apple devices!

It concerns the following, I watch often movies with my apple devices and I buy them via iTunes. Nevertheless because of the drm protection it is limited to 5 apple devices. Now I can't remove the authorization somehow and I am kind of angry because I paid for the movies and stuff!

Therefore I'd like to know is there an 'Apple iTunes movies drm removal’ software or something like that?

Thanks for your help!
Coraline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:13 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
We are not allowed to give specific pointers with regards to removing DRM, but such software does exist. Try using google. That phrase in your post "Apple iTunes movies drm removal" turns up several hits including the software that I use.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #3
TheWho
TheWho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Actually it should be possible to remove the authorization easily! I did it many times before, do you have any specific problem?
TheWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:19 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWho View Post
Actually it should be possible to remove the authorization easily! I did it many times before, do you have any specific problem?
Please don't ask that question. As has already been stated, our community rules do not permit detailed discussions of DRM removal. If you have not already done so, please take the time to read the Posting Guidelines.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thread now closed.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:11 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please don't ask that question. As has already been stated, our community rules do not permit detailed discussions of DRM removal. If you have not already done so, please take the time to read the Posting Guidelines.
I do not believe the user was talking about DRM removal. Rather it was an honest comment about removing authorization for one device so that it could be used with another device. This is legitimate discussion topic.

For this reason I reopened it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The OP seems to have run into an issue with too many authorizations, and decided the only solution is to remove DRM.
Fortunately that is not the only solution.

@Coraline, perhaps this may help? Authorize your computer in iTunes ==> What happens if I run out of authorizations?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote