Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
FrankBlack
FrankBlack began at the beginning.

Question Connect File Location?

I'm trying to find the storage location Connect is using for imported RTF files (I know where the Connect Store files are).

In particular, I cannot find a folder listed in the file's Path as displayed in the Connect software. Although I can browse the file's content in the Sony software, the path leads to a Folder ("Sony Corporation") in my Application Data folder that simply doesn't exist. I have Hidden Files and Folders being shown, but still can't find it.

I know the file isn't deleted, because I actually have some deleted files still displaying in the Connect List view; all of which are "unbrowse-able".

Can anyone help? I'm obviously very lost.
FrankBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hi Frank,

When you import a file from your hard disk into the Connect "Library", I don't believe it copies it anywhere - I think it simply stores the path to the location of the file on your disk. I'm sure that somebody will correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Note that you don't need to use the Library for things like RTF files - you can simply drag them from an Explorer window directly onto the "Sony Reader" (or Memory Card) icon in Connect.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
There is no fixed location for RTF files for importing to the Sony Reader. The only fixed location is for the Sony CONNECT store purchased books.

I store all of my other books on the G: drive where they are sorted by topic/area and then by author (if needed.) Thus all Fiction is together in one directory and all ER Burroughs is below that in a sub directory. Sometimes single books will require their own subdirectory depending on how many parts are involved and the format.

When using the CONNECT software I just use the left navigation bar like it was Windows Explorer, find the right directory or subdirectory, and drag the file to the Reader.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Hi Frank,

When you import a file from your hard disk into the Connect "Library", I don't believe it copies it anywhere - I think it simply stores the path to the location of the file on your disk. I'm sure that somebody will correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Note that you don't need to use the Library for things like RTF files - you can simply drag them from an Explorer window directly onto the "Sony Reader" (or Memory Card) icon in Connect.
You are right, it does not make a copy. I don't think it even remembers where the file is from.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
When using the CONNECT software I just use the left navigation bar like it was Windows Explorer, find the right directory or subdirectory, and drag the file to the Reader.
I assume that you know that you don't have to do that . You can drag files directly from Windows Explorer to the Sony Reader icon on Connect.
Advert
Old 03-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
You are right, it does not make a copy. I don't think it even remembers where the file is from.
It must store the path in the XML path which is the library; otherwise it wouldn't be able to display or copy the file.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #7
FrankBlack
FrankBlack began at the beginning.

Thanks for all the help, guys. I think I'm being confused by the "Path" shown in the library when I browse books already imported into the software...it simply shows folders and files that don't exist.

Again, thanks for the help!

FrankBlack is offline   Reply With Quote