Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #361
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Is there a way to get page numbers to show up on the status bar in Moon Reader? I noticed when you go into "book information" for a book you're currently reading, it always states how many pages a book has and what page you are currently on. Is there any way to get that info to always appear on the status bar?
There is a way. In the miscellaneous settings while in a book choose "show mini status bar while reading". It has battery and time on the right, middle has chapter name with page in chapter and how many pages are in the chapter, and the total percent of the book you have read so far. There is also an option to show remaining reading time. Here are screen prints from the free version.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396901057039.jpg
Views:	3174
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	121389Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396901072670.jpg
Views:	3149
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	121390
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #362
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
There is a way. In the miscellaneous settings while in a book choose "show mini status bar while reading". It has battery and time on the right, middle has chapter name with page in chapter and how many pages are in the chapter, and the total percent of the book you have read so far. There is also an option to show remaining reading time. Here are screen prints from the free version.
This is the main reason I use this app. I love that mini status bar.
Knowing how many pages and how much time is left in chapter is a must have for me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #363
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Attachment 121389Attachment 121390
oh yes, sorry, I should have been more clear. I do know you can get the status bar to show while reading, what I meant was is there a way to get total number of pages in book to show and what page you are currently on. That information is displayed under book information, but not on the status bar. How many pages are left in a chapter is nice to know, but I would love to know total pages and what page I'm currently on.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #364
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is the main reason I use this app. I love that mini status bar.
Knowing how many pages and how much time is left in chapter is a must have for me.
That's exactly how I feel about total pages in a book and what page I'm currently on showing. It's the one thing that keeps Moon Reader from being perfect for me. Especially annoying is the info *is* displayed if you pull up book info while reading. Many other reading apps display page numbers, Aldiko, FB Reader, iBooks etc. and it's so nice. Percentage is ok, but I far prefer page numbers.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:19 AM   #365
TopCat
TopCat began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Is there a way to quickly cycle back and forth between two parts of a book ala Stanza's back and forward buttons?
TopCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:45 AM   #366
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Is there a way to quickly cycle back and forth between two parts of a book ala Stanza's back and forward buttons?
Other than using bookmarks I don't think there is.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #367
TopCat
TopCat began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Other than using bookmarks I don't think there is.
I actually just (accidentally) discovered that if I've moved to another part of a book (using either a table of contents or the page slider) that if I then hold the back button a window will pop-up with the pages of all previously visited parts. Unfortunately, holding back conflicts with a built in operation on my tablet, and I can't figure out how to remap that functionality.
TopCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:39 AM   #368
Aussie
Aussie began at the beginning.

Device: ACER Iconia A1-830
Moon Reader Pro and Chapters page

Hi,

Anyone knows how to get rid of the (dark gray Chapters table) that appears when opening a new book? That table is displayed right after the cover. Very annoying!

I could not find any setting regarding this.

Thanks for the help!
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #369
Pinkie
Connoisseur
Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook Color, Kobo
New shelf view?

In the latest version of Moon+ Reader Pro, there's a screen shot of different shelves. I have a lot of books, and sorting them into shelves is a great way of ordering them. I can do it in Mantano, but Mantano doesn't have Immersive mode. I know I can do it via Favorites, but that doesn't seem to be what the new shelf view is indicating. For a start, there's a title at the top, eg, "Science Fiction," instead of "My Favorites." Does anyone know how to do this? I'm using version 2.6.0 on a 2013 Nexus 7 with Android 4.4
It says: "#(Pro & Android 3.0+) New widget shelf support: group your favorite books, put them to desktop or lock screen as widget shelfs"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aderp&hl=en_GB
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #370
Aussie
Aussie began at the beginning.

Device: ACER Iconia A1-830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
In the latest version of Moon+ Reader Pro, there's a screen shot of different shelves. I have a lot of books, and sorting them into shelves is a great way of ordering them. I can do it in Mantano, but Mantano doesn't have Immersive mode. I know I can do it via Favorites, but that doesn't seem to be what the new shelf view is indicating. For a start, there's a title at the top, eg, "Science Fiction," instead of "My Favorites." Does anyone know how to do this? I'm using version 2.6.0 on a 2013 Nexus 7 with Android 4.4
It says: "#(Pro & Android 3.0+) New widget shelf support: group your favorite books, put them to desktop or lock screen as widget shelfs"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aderp&hl=en_GB
Have a look at the thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...60#post2898560
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #371
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
stupid question, how do I jump to a particular page?
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #372
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just looked and I don't see a way to do go to a specific page. You could use the toc to get close to where you want or do a text search.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #373
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Quote:
I just looked and I don't see a way to do go to a specific page. You could use the toc to get close to where you want or do a text search.
That... That can't be true. This is suppose to be the best reader app on Android.
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:37 PM   #374
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Actually there isn't a way that I can see. I don't think the app paginates, that is, calculates the number of pages, for the entire book, only the current chapter. If you bring up the progress bar on top you see it says percent and not page xx of yy.

Mantano does let you do this. It's not as customizable and the premium version costs more.

Last edited by Barty; 08-29-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #375
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

It does know how many pages - what page number out of total pages in current chapter. I use the mini status bar and it shows this info.