Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #121
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Anyone thought Rock Lobster is always hanging around these Seedy scenes, Maybe HE had something to hide,

Yeah thats it, The Lobster did it !

OOPS Sorry missed a post, someone already suggeted that, Hey i'm his asst,

I Saw Nothing !

Last edited by Kevin2960; 05-04-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #122
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I did it! I admit it! There's only room for one incredibly attractive avian avatar in this forum!!!

Oh, hello daffy, errr.... OK ... but the parrot had to go!!

Contest over - I get ALL the prizes!! ALL the prizes!! [Or the doggie gets it next!]

[This message was paid for and produced NOT by Amazon]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #123
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Pshrynk had a Nook? And it's broken? Now that IS a crime!

And it seems this Turcic person owns everything there is to own in this town. Coincidence? It's all very suspicious.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #124
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
This case would make a good TV show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
I think I'll go through the thread and make a list of all mentioned suspects, when the last chapter has been posted.. Just to help people out! ^_^
excellent plan ! i think the list so far is as fascinating as the story itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I did a double take on the train this morning. I glanced at the paper the person next to me was reading, and the headline I saw was that police in the US were after the Times Square otters.

Quote:
I was just about to pinch myself to check I wasn't dreaming, or stuck in MR-land when he moved his hand to reveal the all-important pl in front of it...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #125
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mmmm - the plot thickens - told you never to touch the red button !!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #126
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hmm... possibly this is Turcic's way to remove an annoyance, and get some worth out of his deadbeat detective...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:24 AM   #127
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mmmm - which annoyance would that be ?

the victim or the perpetrator ?

.... or both .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #128
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Hrm... well, whoever did it wasn't after the Nook...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #129
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobster View Post
I shook my head. This was a bunch of odd ducks, all right. I pushed the body over with my foot and picked up the black pouch. Inside was one of those new readers I had been hearing about. At the top was printed, "Nook." Strange name. The glass was broken on the face. Down in the corner, barely legible was printed, "Moby Dick." I clicked a photo.

Prying the hand open, I found a yellowish star with a red letter "Q" printed on it. Another photo.

Touaqqqqueeee!!!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #130
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Finally finished reading it... (stupid work!)

And I know who did it! I wonder where Zelda P. got the car, if she doesn't own one...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #131
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Touaqqqqueeee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Finally finished reading it... (stupid work!)

And I know who did it!
already ! wow, i'm impressed.

Quote:
I wonder where Zelda P. got the car, if she doesn't own one...
Adrian lent it to me.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #132
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
"I suspect All the Mods in the Moderator Suite with the Crowbar."

Accusation to come my next turn.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #133
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Touaqqqqueeee!!!
The 7% solution.

Ivan was working on the infinite table, again, when pshrynk, unwittingly bringing the crowbar to the moderator suite himself (as captured by the security camera), yelled the '*uck' word as a precautionary warning, not knowing what would happen when he couldn't help but press the red button.

Yvan, being a good and long standing member of MR, had no choice but to relieve pshrynk of the murder weapon and give him several good well-deserved Thouaqqques.

As Sherlock was fond of saying, "When you remove the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".

But then again, nothing seems impossible or improbable at MR. There's still a 93% chance that I may be wrong.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #134
Rock Lobster
PI for hire.
Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I keep a notebook handy, just in case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
The 7% solution.

Ivan was working on the infinite table, again, when pshrynk, unwittingly bringing the crowbar to the moderator suite himself (as captured by the security camera), yelled the '*uck' word as a precautionary warning, not knowing what would happen when he couldn't help but press the red button.

Yvan, being a good and long standing member of MR, had no choice but to relieve pshrynk of the murder weapon and give him several good well-deserved Thouaqqques.

As Sherlock was fond of saying, "When you remove the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".

But then again, nothing seems impossible or improbable at MR. There's still a 93% chance that I may be wrong.
That makes sense in an odd sort of way. The problem is, the infinite table was already completed. leTerrible was not in the Suite. You learn to ask these things when you're a PI for hire.
Rock Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #135
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
I was in the room when it happened working on the infinite table...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobster View Post
That makes sense in an odd sort of way. The problem is, the infinite table was already completed. leTerrible was not in the Suite. You learn to ask these things when you're a PI for hire.
Some inconsistencies in leTerrible's statement already!!!
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discussion, spring contest