Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
Google Ebooks????

I saw a news snippet (dated to July 2009 IIRC) that Google ebooks was going to offer public domain books on the Sony reader store. I can't find anything on the store. Is this something limited to other models? TIA.
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
The link is on the right hand side of the main page of the Sony Library store. Here is the link:
http://ebookstore.sony.com/google-eb...20Million_Rt_1
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
olguy
Enthusiast
olguy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Reader
Answered above while I was dawdling around. And I can't find a delete button.
olguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #4
tnronin
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
The link is on the right hand side of the main page of the Sony Library store. Here is the link:
Hmm when I open the software and look at the right side of the page there is nothing like you show above. I'll click the link and see, I hope this works for me.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
tnronin
Zealot

Ok, found it. I had to go to the catagories, and then there was a small banner on the right. I had to log on again, but I'm in so its all good.
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
A lot of the google public domain ebooks are poor quality imo. You should check out some of the free public domain books here on the site before you start getting the google versions. A lot of people here spend a lot of time making them for our enjoyment.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:05 AM   #7
trout
Enthusiast
trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
No good for UK as usual!!
trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:13 AM   #8
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
There not likely to offer more public domain books that Project Gutenberg. You can get any book in any format from them.
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #9
tnronin
Zealot

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
A lot of the google public domain ebooks are poor quality imo. You should check out some of the free public domain books here on the site before you start getting the google versions. A lot of people here spend a lot of time making them for our enjoyment.
Oh ya, I GREATLY appreciate the work that has been done here. I have already downloaded many books from here, and only one from the Google location. I'm running out of time for reading with my other stuff. I am quite impressed with the work of the members on this forum.

Now if I could just find a Declaration of Independence/Constitution/Amendments that is indexed with a TOC for quick access while in class. I'm going through the KJV bibles looking for one that is indexed as well.