Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
Fif23
Connoisseur
Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Good Reader PDF reflow - That's pretty cool !

I just found out the app GoodReader can reflow text PDF documents and I read 2 300 page books on it without killing my eyes !

Hmmm, should I spend 400$ on an ebook reader that will do the same job ? *THINKING....*

Anyone else finding the IPOD good enough as a mobile *PDF* reader ?
Most bigger readers can't reflow well or support autocrop etc....

Help me save/spend my money
Fif23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Tom2112
Tablet eReader
Tom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, iPad, Dell Streak 7, Moto RAZR MAXX
I totally agree. Why spend the big bucks when you've already got a good reader in your pocket. Between Amazon's Kindle app, Stanza, and Good Reader, added to the PC apps of Stanza and Calibre, I can't see spending a couple hundred bucks on a dedicated ereader. The best part is that most of that software is free.
Tom2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
After owning a very top of the range eInk reader for over a year (or was it two years ago when I got my iLiad? i forget!), I must say that this technology seems to be over-hyped (I know they would hang me for saying this on Mobile Read). Stanza + Calibre + iPhone (innovation + invention + technology) this is the best combination I have found for ereading. Good Reader is pretty good with its excellent ability to handle large pdfs but Stanza is what I use most. Now I seldom use my eInk device.

Last edited by Razi; 02-03-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote