Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Kobo Glo in the UK

Do most large WHSmiths have them on display for you to try? There's no point in my travelling to one if they don't. I'm trying to decide between the Paperwhite and the Glo, or possibly the T2 if the front lit screens aren't very impressive.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
pbrstreetgang42
pbrstreetgang42 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Glo
my local whsmith only has the touch on display (there is a stand with boxed mini`s and glo`s) but the larger liverpool store has the whole range out on display!

Have had my glo for just over a week, purchased from smiths, the staff member even opened one for me to look at before i decided. would recommend the glo over the others for the screen quality alone, lighting is excellent (some have had issues), expandable!! not tied into the amazon ecosytem (which is becoming more apple like but thats my opinion)

dont forget you can return it if you not happy
pbrstreetgang42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
It's probably worthwhile giving them a call first to make sure, my nearest big WH Smith is the same as pbrstreetgang, there's a big display stand with boxed Glo's & Mini's, but the demo models next to it are the Touch and Vox.....
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
datalossfs
Ebook Addict
datalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glow
In my experience it's been the stores inside large shopping centres that have complete Kobo displays, ie. Westfield White City, Southampton and Canterbury all have large Kobo displays for example. Yet locally to me nether Greenford or Ealing stores have put any effort in at all.
datalossfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Thanks for your input. My (sort of) local big store is Watford, but maybe I'll give them a call first.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert