Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
Filark
Edge User

Question Best way to get a large Calibre library into the PE library?

Hi all!

I am moving this post into the General Discussion forum because I hope to spur a general discussion about the issue! I know Boris has responded to similar questions in the past. Does Ermine offer anything new in this regard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn
Hello,

I have a new pocket edge. i am trying to send books from calibre to it so that the books be added to pocket edge library. So far i seem to be unable to do so properly.

In my edge the directory where my library is .edge/.esi-content. i have tried with calibre the option to save to disk on my edge to add books. the file goes there but when i open my edge they do not show at all in the library.

the only way all seems to be working is by saving all on a usb stick connecting the usb stick to pocket edge & then adding content to library & this way i have to redo all the tags. Which is an awfull thing to do.

Does anyone have this device or any idea how to make things work much better.

I also tried to connect the edge to to the computer & calibre does recognize it - i can send books to main memory of the device but the books, once in the pocket edge, are not added automaticly to the edge library. (the books are put by default in download folder & stay there , i cannot browse by tags or cover). If i want to do that, i have to manualy add them & recreate all the tags. i have about 3000 books so i really need tags & browsing by cover would be good.

i have tried using the bibliotheca app available but when i install it on the pocket edge it does install but no book comes out once the bibliotheca is install.
can anyone help with this issue.... am getting realy frustrated...

Thanks,