Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
dvd8n
Connoisseur
dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Hanvon h516, Kobo Aura HD
Collection problem with PRS-650

Just started trying to get my head round the collections as it seems like my PRS-650 is going to be pretty hard to use without them.

I was trying to achieve collections something like :

Isaac Asimov Foundation
Isaac Asimov
Greg Bear

For the Asimov Foundation series and for individual authors 'non series' books. It seemed like a sensible way to go.

So I used the collection definition string

author, series

When I looked at the device I had 1 collection called Foundation and no author collections.

What am I doing wrong? Or am I approaching this the wrong way?
dvd8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
dvd8n
Connoisseur
dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.

Ok I'm an idiot.

I need to learn to spell; it should have been

authors, series

That worked; however I was surprised that my collection was called

Foundation

rather than

Isaac Asimov Foundation.

Not that it really matters ................
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd8n View Post
That worked; however I was surprised that my collection was called

Foundation

rather than

Isaac Asimov Foundation.
It uses the name you enter in the Series column. You obviously have Foundation in that column.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #4
dvd8n
Connoisseur

Yes, it is.

I just sort of assumed that it would build the collection name out of all the fields specified, to handle the case of series from different authors with the same name. Mind you, I can't think or an example
Old 02-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You were just telling it what fields should generate collections - not the format of the collection name.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert