Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #16
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I'll nominate Geraldine Brooks' Year of Wonders. I've read The Book and liked it and have wanted to read more of her work.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #17
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
No - my screen name comes from a character in a movie - and because I love the name. I think I've had this as a nom de plume for some 15 years now.

I haven't read Caleb's Crossing - but I have purchased it along with Year of Wonders and People of the Book. This nomination is me saying, "Time to get busy!"

Go on - third the nomination. You know you want to.
No. I just wondered if you had read any of her other books. This may not be the read you expect or be that much about what you think. I will use my final nomination on a third for The Brief Wondrous Life Of Oscar Wao.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #18
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
No. I just wondered if you had read any of her other books. This may not be the read you expect or be that much about what you think....
Hm. I'd never heard of the Year of Wonders before, but I seconded it because the plot sounds interesting and the author has won the Pulitzer for Fiction before.

It was similar with The Loser. I'd never heard of it before either, but the plot sounds interesting and reading up on the author makes me more interested.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #19
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
This is a tough choice. I've had Bernhard on my "I have to get around to reading something by him" list for a while, but I've decided I don't feel like it this month. And I bought Talismano for cheap at Kobo a while back and haven't gotten to it yet.

But I think I'll second History: A Novel, as being more in line with my particular interests and therefore a good December read.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #20
voodoo_pepperweb
voodoo_pepperweb has met Morla.voodoo_pepperweb has met Morla.voodoo_pepperweb has met Morla.voodoo_pepperweb has met Morla.voodoo_pepperweb has met Morla.voodoo_pepperweb has met Morla.voodoo_pepperweb has met Morla.voodoo_pepperweb has met Morla.voodoo_pepperweb has met Morla.voodoo_pepperweb has met Morla.voodoo_pepperweb has met Morla.

Device: Kindle K3, Android phone
I second both of these as I've wanted to read them for a while:

The Brief Wondrous Life Of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
voodoo_pepperweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #21
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm going to third The Loser and second Talismano.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #22
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
And nominations are now closed.

I'm surprised we didn't get a fifth fully nominated with a few so close. The voting poll will be up soon.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote