Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Change Reader App

Is there somewhere I can tell Calibre what Windows programs to use for different formats, e.g I'd like Calibre to use Wordpad as the RTF Reader rather than Word, but I don't want to change the Windows association for RTF.

I'd also like to try using firefox as my default EPUB reader using the EPUBReader extension.

I'm sure its possible - but I can't find it - must be using the wrong keywords

tia - BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-01-2012 at 12:58 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
but I don't want to change the Windows association for RTF.

I'd also like to try using firefox as my default EPUB reader using the EPUBReader extension.
Since you don't want to change the Windows association you can try the "Open with" plugin to open any book in any application that you choose.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Since you don't want to change the Windows association you can try the "Open with" plugin to open any book in any application that you choose.
That's excellent - I like the EPUBReader in Firefox

There are workflow reasons I prefer to keep the Word->RTF association in Windoze, and use Wordpad from Calibre

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote