Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-01-2007, 04:01 AM   #1
tomchek
tomchek began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Nokia 770
Widget style

Hi all,

can somebody give me a hint in which library I can find the widgets with the typically iLiad styles, please? Or have I to draw them myself?
tomchek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:14 AM   #2
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
i think that you have to draw it, but perhaps i'm a little lost...

what you call widgets of the iliad?
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2007, 07:24 AM   #3
tomchek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoira View Post
i think that you have to draw it, but perhaps I'm a little lost...
That would be a Bummer if you have to draw it by yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoira View Post
what you call widgets of the iLiad?
I don't know if widget is the right word. I mean the buttons in the "iLiad Preferences", for example. If I use a normal GTK button they look very different from the buttons which I mean.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
These are called icons. The iLiad's icons in some ways hark back to the 1980's, see On evolution of icons in graphical interfaces. I don't know if the iLiad's icons are part of a library or were custom designed for the machine. If the latter, you may have to design your own.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:27 AM   #5
tomchek

Thanks for your hints.

Regards,
Thomas.
Advert
Old 08-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The most similar icon theme I am aware of is KDE Monochrome. This is distributed as scalable icons, so you would need to use rsvg to create .png versions.

Unfortunately, it is only for KDE, so there are no default GTK icons, but there is a huge selection of icons to choose from.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote