Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-14-2015, 05:07 PM   #1
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Michael Connelly's Bosch Series On Amazon Prime On February 13 in US, UK, Germany

All ten episodes of the Bosch series will begin streaming on February 13 on Amazon Prime Instant Video in the US, the UK, and Germany. News about other countries can be found here..

Quote:
A Note From Michael Connelly About The Pilot:
Hello Bosch Fans! Happy New Year. We are less than a month away from the Bosch television show being available in all its 10-episode glory. Starting today, Amazon is putting up the new and improved pilot for viewing. You may be asking, do I really need to watch it again? Well, that of course is your choice but I thought I’d tell you a little bit about some of the changes we put into the pilot after we got the green light to film a whole season. The main changes are in regard to the court case. Bosch is being sued for killing a man during the investigation of a serial killer case. If you remember the original pilot, the trial started at the beginning of the case with opening statements from the attorneys and Harry in the defendant’s chair watching. When we got the go ahead on the first season we decided we should come into the trial after it is already underway and Harry Bosch is on the witness stand. We wanted Harry more active in the courtroom and this did the trick. We also had to bring in a few new actors because some actors in the pilot had schedule conflicts once we set our shooting schedule. One of the new ones is Mimi Rogers, who plays Money Chandler, the attorney suing Harry. She’s really good and just like the Money in the book. There are a couple of other added scenes as well. But I think the new courtroom scenes are very important because Harry is now a participant. He is testifying and revealing himself, and the information that comes out is important to his character and the rest of the episodes in the season.

The new pilot is up and available now but if you ask me, I would wait to watch it when the whole season is available on February 13 and you can roll from the pilot right into episode 2. At least that’s what I think.
– Michael Connelly

Last edited by BelleZora; 01-15-2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling error
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:00 PM   #2
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Just for info the previous thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=bosch
I think here a better place for chat about it though

I've recently made my way through books 1-11 and plan to continue on, the pilot had storylines in it that were from book 8, City of Bones but I don't think they will be following the book closely.

I plan on watching once all the eps are available including re-watching the pilot. I hope that it does well.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:08 PM   #3
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, iPads, Sonys
All 10 episodes will be available in Canada on Crave TV starting Feb 14.
Cesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
All ten episodes of the Bosch series will begin streaming on February 13 on Amazon Prime Instant Video in the US, the UK, and Germany. News about other countries can be found here..
Thanks. I watched the pilot a while ago. Will rewatch it closer to the start of the series. Looking forward to it.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:19 AM   #5
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
3 episodes in and I'm really liking it. I've read up to book 11 and notice they've grabbed a few bits and bobs from various ones but are mainly sticking to City of Bones.

I'm very pleased they've kept very true to the essence of the Harry character and I'm looking forward to watching the rest.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #6
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
3 episodes in and I'm really liking it. I've read up to book 11 and notice they've grabbed a few bits and bobs from various ones but are mainly sticking to City of Bones.

I'm very pleased they've kept very true to the essence of the Harry character and I'm looking forward to watching the rest.
Thanks for the update
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:30 AM   #7
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post

I totally agree. I've just seen the first two episodes, and as a committed Bosch fan, I've been very happy with the show so far.

Funny note: one of the reviewers said they were not happy with the show because it seemed like it ripped off elements of other crime shows, such as the Wire and Justified. They're apparently not aware of just how long Bosch has been cracking cases.
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote