Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-06-2024, 12:41 PM   #46
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
And here I thought I was being creative by doing this to the Formats column:

Attachment 207382
quite similar to my current ones

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2024-04-06, 13_32_01.png
Views:	48
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	207384

I would use cover grid most of the time, but recently I've started to play with icons in book list, and the way I'm using them causes misalignments in the title column:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2024-04-06, 13_32_36.png
Views:	38
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	207383
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:16 PM   #47
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
quite similar to my current ones

Attachment 207384

I would use cover grid most of the time, but recently I've started to play with icons in book list, and the way I'm using them causes misalignments in the title column:

Attachment 207383
As a suggestion, I would advise that the icon images have a transparent background. You will notice a more pleasant visual change
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM   #48
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Hi Wiggo, I liked your icons for book formats. They fit better on dark theme than the ones I'm using. Would you mind sharing them in a zip attachment?

I'd never thought of using a column just for symbols, seems a good thing to do!
Here you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
My guess is that "Dan Adams" is the author of books in a different series or no series, and one of those books is appearing ahead of the books with series with a note.

Order is important in "and" search clauses. Clauses following an "and" operate of the results of the previous search clauses. As such they don't see any books already filtered out. This "shortcutting" improves search performance a lot.

Try changing the order of the search to
Code:
search:"=#Has.Series notes" and search:"=#Has._One book per author"
This order ensures that the one-book-per-author search operates on the results of the has-series-notes search.
I always click on "One book per author" last in the tag browser, but it looks like the alphabetical order in the tag browser is decisive, not the click order
Attached Files
File Type: zip cc_icons.zip (70.9 KB, 30 views)
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:27 PM   #49
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
As a suggestion, I would advise that the icon images have a transparent background. You will notice a more pleasant visual change
Sure, I've noticed that recently and I'm glad google images allows searching for transparent icons! Now I only use non-transparent images if there's no suitable transparent alternative.
Old 04-06-2024, 01:29 PM   #50
Comfy.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Here you are!
Old 04-06-2024, 01:42 PM   #51
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:

Attachment 207383
I use this icon as a placeholder when I want to avoid misalignments. (I also use it to hide 'Unknown' in the authors field.)
Attached Images

ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:49 PM   #52
Comfy.n

Quote:
I use this icon as a placeholder when I want to avoid misalignments. (I also use it to hide 'Unknown' in the authors field.)
good idea, an invisible icon as a placeholder can be useful, thanks
Old 04-06-2024, 01:54 PM   #53
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I can't see anything. Where is the icon?

SCNR
Old 04-06-2024, 03:01 PM   #54
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
I always click on "One book per author" last in the tag browser, but it looks like the alphabetical order in the tag browser is decisive, not the click order
Does it work when the search terms are in the order I suggest?

And yes, the tag browser doesn't know the click order. It emits the search terms in the order they appear in the tag browser (I think), which may or may not be alphabetic.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 03:04 PM   #55
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Now I only use non-transparent images if there's no suitable transparent alternative.
On windows, irfanview (and probably other programs) can change a color to be transparent. You can click in the icon to select which color to use.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 07:18 PM   #56
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
On windows, irfanview (and probably other programs) can change a color to be transparent. You can click in the icon to select which color to use.
Or online https://www.remove.bg/
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:23 AM   #57
Wiggo
Leftutti

Quote:
You're very welcome!

I got the icons from https://www.flaticon.com

Quote:
Does it work when the search terms are in the order I suggest?
Yep, it works with the correct order - thank you so much, chaley.