Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-01-2024, 01:23 AM   #31
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For my 2024 reading goals, not too bad so far.
  • I am 293 books into my total books (1000) for the year.
  • I have added 23 authors that I had previously not read.
  • I have read 11 non-fiction books out of my goal of 50 for year.
  • I have not DNFed any books so far this year.

So far though, my project to have my spouse take more responsibility for purchasing and managing their ereader and book collection has been a resounding failure. "You're the techie and that is techie work". 5 decades of inertia is hard to overcome but I will keep trying.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-01-2024 at 01:25 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 03:34 PM   #32
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I have not touched a book all month due to a massive family medical emergency, but I have a fresh bottle of Hibiki and a plan to do nothing but sit and read tonight!

This might be the longest time I've ever gone without reading a book in my life
I posted this, and within a week the my OTHER parent, who was not the source of the initial medical emergency and 36 day ICU stay, died very suddenly.

Life finally got back on its horse at the end of March and I've finished 5 books since then!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 05:37 PM   #33
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I posted this, and within a week the my OTHER parent, who was not the source of the initial medical emergency and 36 day ICU stay, died very suddenly.

Life finally got back on its horse at the end of March and I've finished 5 books since then!
Oh, I'm so sorry. For both the hard and sorrowful march and the loss of your parent. I'm sure you've still got a lot on your hands with your surviving parent with their health issues and perhaps loss of partner. It's rough. My condolences.

Last edited by issybird; 04-01-2024 at 05:40 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 08:39 PM   #34
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
My condolences also.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:55 PM   #35
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Y'all don't need to be sorry. I've been disowned for 20+ years. I only got dragged back as I'm the only adult left in the family to deal with such matters.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote