Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2024, 01:15 PM   #721
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
It would have joined her collection of eReaders. I've forgotten what exactly she had but I'm sure there was a Sage and at least longer other in regular usage along with a Kindle of some type. Unfortunately I then had a major house fire a month and a half after her passing and lost everything!

So sorry.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 01:43 PM   #722
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
Mark up p updf's in color?

I see that on the Libra Colour, you can mark up some things in color. For me, marking up pdf's in color is important, but I can't see that anyone has discussed that. On Kobo's b/w devices that allow writing on the screen, there is no choice to change the width of the pen for pdf's, and I am concerned that there may be no color mark-ups on the Libra Colour. If anyone knows about this, I'd appreciate it if they would post.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 01:50 PM   #723
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by talaivan View Post
I see that on the Libra Colour, you can mark up some things in color. For me, marking up pdf's in color is important, but I can't see that anyone has discussed that. On Kobo's b/w devices that allow writing on the screen, there is no choice to change the width of the pen for pdf's, and I am concerned that there may be no color mark-ups on the Libra Colour. If anyone knows about this, I'd appreciate it if they would post.
If you go to the eReaders page of the Kobo website the first images you see for both Libra Colour and Clara Colour are pages with multiple colour mark-up. Admittedly those images are probably of KEPUBs not PDFs to it's not conclusive proof.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 01:51 PM   #724
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Sorry Peter, I'm sure she would have enjoyed the novelty.
The main thing she would have seen is colour covers long so all her lurid romance books (I hate to call them novels)

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 03:45 PM   #725
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
The main thing she would have seen is colour covers long so all her lurid romance books (I hate to call them novels)

Weeeeeell, why do you think I've gotten the Clara colour? And they are totally honest novels So, if she was like me, she would have enjoyed those covers.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 09:14 PM   #726
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
It would have joined her collection of eReaders. I've forgotten what exactly she had but I'm sure there was a Sage and at least longer other in regular usage along with a Kindle of some type. Unfortunately I then had a major house fire a month and a half after her passing and lost everything!

Goodness me! Wishing you well, and hope you will enjoy your new Kobo when it arrives X
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 08:48 AM   #727
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I broke down last evening and pre-ordered a Libra Colour and sleep cover. It felt weird though to be ordering just one device, and for myself and not for my now deceased wife

I'm really sorry for your loss. I hope you are doing OK.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 10:59 AM   #728
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm really sorry for your loss. I hope you are doing OK.
Yes I am thanks. I came to terms with all my losses a few months back. While yes, I miss Sue on an hourly basis, I realized that the last year of her life while she was dealing with cancer (lung but had spread to other areas) was very painful for her.

At the end it looks as if she also contracted COVID-19 and possibly also pneumonia, was suffering from a chronic cough. The COVID-19 was only detected when she'd been admitted to Emerg for the pneumonia...

The house fire happened 6 weeks later and has thrown a major wrench into settling her affairs! She had left no will; I had no idea of her banking or anything! I'm slowly piecing together her Estate, which is further complicated but her Mother who passed away a year ago being named as her beneficiary on various items!

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 11:11 AM   #729
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Yes I am thanks. I came to terms with all my losses a few months back. While yes, I miss Sue on an hourly basis, I realized that the last year of her life while she was dealing with cancer (lung but had spread to other areas) was very painful for her.

At the end it looks as if she also contracted COVID-19 and possibly also pneumonia, was suffering from a chronic cough. The COVID-19 was only detected when she'd been admitted to Emerg for the pneumonia...

The house fire happened 6 weeks later and has thrown a major wrench into settling her affairs! She had left no will; I had no idea of her banking or anything! I'm slowly piecing together her Estate, which is further complicated but her Mother who passed away a year ago being named as her beneficiary on various items!

I'm glad you are able to keep going. Be well and hope it all gets sorted soon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM   #730
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:

Peter, in the months after David’s passing, you also went silent. I wondered what was going on with you and why we didn’t hear from you anymore. I’m stunned at what you’ve had to endure! My condolences to the loss of your wife.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote