Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-21-2024, 02:10 PM   #31
qkqw
Connoisseur
qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@Cyril if you want you can send me the problematic book privately and I can try to take a look.
qkqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 03:33 PM   #32
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast
Cyril Gabard began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkqw View Post
@Cyril if you want you can send me the problematic book privately and I can try to take a look.
Sorry for being a noob but dont know how to send privately in private message
Cyril Gabard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 02:05 PM   #33
qkqw
Connoisseur
qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.

Thanks for sending the book over. Unfortunately I am running into troubles extracting the chapter titles for your book, as they are non-existent for a specific highlighted section. Would you mind trying the attached script and see if that at least gives you adequate results for this and other books?
Attached Files
File Type: txt notes.sh.txt (2.9 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by qkqw; 03-23-2024 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2024, 05:06 PM   #34
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Thanks for your work. The script you send me returns way way more bookmarks.

When there is no Chapter Title, the script displays like this :
2024-03-23 17:16:16 \ OEBPS/text00057.html
Otherwise : 2024-03-23 19:46:59 \ L’avenir se décrète-t-il ?

I tweaked it to sort by DateCreated so i can find the last ones. I keep on learning and trying to understand what your script does. Its fascinating. Thanks again !
Old 03-23-2024, 05:42 PM   #35
qkqw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril Gabard View Post
When there is no Chapter Title, the script displays like this :
2024-03-23 17:16:16 \ OEBPS/text00057.html
Otherwise : 2024-03-23 19:46:59 \ L’avenir se décrète-t-il ?
Yeah, unfortunately the book you sent me does not seem to have chapters for the sections you have highlights. Therefore the Kobo database does only seem to have an internal title for the chapter, which is something like the string you mentioned.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:27 PM   #36
qkqw
Connoisseur

@Cyril, would you mind testing the attached script? I've tried to remove the cryptic string and if it works for you, I'll create a new release.
Attached Files
File Type: txt notes.sh.txt (2.9 KB, 39 views)
Old 03-24-2024, 04:10 AM   #37
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Quote:
@Cyril, would you mind testing the attached script? I've tried to remove the cryptic string and if it works for you, I'll create a new release.
It worked, cryptic string are gone. Thanks.

Is there a way to choose (in the first part of the script) how many bookmarks, highlight the script has to be extracted and written on the markdown ? Right now, I can see 60 bookmarks extracted, coming from 4 books that i am reading.
Old 03-24-2024, 05:36 AM   #38
qkqw
Connoisseur

Currently it outputs all highlights. If you want to limit then, you'd have to add a LIMIT 10 or whatever you need to the query.
Old 03-24-2024, 06:19 AM   #39
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Quote:
Currently it outputs all highlights. If you want to limit then, you'd have to add a LIMIT 10 or whatever you need to the query.
Sorry to bother you. I Tried to insert a "LIMIT 10," after the first ORDER BY + arg (line 70), where i think it should be but the query returned nothing at all (empty notes, highlights...).

Could you tell me, please, where to put the "LIMIT 10," ?
Old 03-24-2024, 06:34 AM   #40
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril Gabard View Post
Sorry to bother you. I Tried to insert a "LIMIT 10," after the first ORDER BY + arg (line 70), where i think it should be but the query returned nothing at all (empty notes, highlights...).

Could you tell me, please, where to put the "LIMIT 10," ?
I succeed in placing the LIMIT 10;" after all the ORDER BY...

Thanks a lot for you kindness !
Old 03-26-2024, 07:51 AM   #41
qkqw
Connoisseur

I've simplified the query based on @Cyril's feedback and pushed a new release.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:19 AM   #42
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Quote:
I've simplified the query based on @Cyril's feedback and pushed a new release.
Very cool and helpful hack ! Thank you for your work !