Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
carnivroar
Enthusiast
carnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-T1 White
Can't type accents?

How come even when I switch to different keyboard layouts I cannot write accents? Or am I missing something? That's the only feature I hate about this ereader.
carnivroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Well, I don't know what accented letter you're trying to type but my UK keyboard will let me type an accented version of a character by doing a long press on the key.
E.g. if I long press the 'e', I'm offered a mini pop-up of 'e' grave, acute, circumflex or umlaut.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
carnivroar
Enthusiast
carnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipsecarnivroar can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-T1 White
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Well, I don't know what accented letter you're trying to type but my UK keyboard will let me type an accented version of a character by doing a long press on the key.
E.g. if I long press the 'e', I'm offered a mini pop-up of 'e' grave, acute, circumflex or umlaut.
Fantastic, it works. That's what I needed to know. Thank you.
carnivroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Hey, that's brlliant - what about x50's ? Anyone know ?(readerless at the moment.)
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #5
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
It's the same on the x50. At least on mine. I do have PRS on them though, if that makes any difference.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
AltairDrax
AltairDrax began at the beginning.

Device: Sony,PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Excellent thank you for the tip
AltairDrax is offline   Reply With Quote