Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
brilleaben
brilleaben began at the beginning.

Device: lBook V3
Is this screen broken?

Hi,

Please see the attached image. Is the screen broken or can anything be done to clean up the display?
I've tried to remove the battery (and kept it removed for about 1 hour :-) with no luck.

How did this happen? Dunno ... Worked one evening, placed it in the holster when done reading on it that evening. Placed the holser + Opus on a table (without putting anything on top of it!). The next evening when I wanted to read on it looked like on the picture.

The Opus is about 6 months old.

There is no visible scratches on the display and it doesn't look broken in any way ...

Is it broken?

Best regards,
Brian

P.S: You should download the picture and look at it on your desktop to be able to zoom in ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	opus-broken-screen.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	796.4 KB
ID:	78276  
brilleaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I'm afraid, it is. The diagonal line in the left upper edge is the place where it is broken.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
brilleaben

Ok, then the eInk technology is a lot more fragile than I expected.

How much would it cost to replace the screen? Would it be worth the hassle or should I look for another device?
Old 10-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
The first post in this thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138735

suggests that it costs 50 Euro plus shipping. The answer to your second question you must find yourself. I personally like my Opus very much and would miss it, on the other hand, why not try something new?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #5
brilleaben

Hi Billi,

Thanks for your repliew ...

Best regards,
Brian
Advert