Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #61
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
on the other hand I believe that some people don't realize what a great newspaper the Times really is.
The problem with this is that there are many other good sources of the same information that are free.

If your competitor isn't charging anything, and you're marketing yourself as being worth the price based on quality, the difference better be a lot more than between "good" vs "great". Most people won't care.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #62
MattW
Connoisseur
MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS 505, Sony PRS T2, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
The problem with this is that there are many other good sources of the same information that are free.

If your competitor isn't charging anything, and you're marketing yourself as being worth the price based on quality, the difference better be a lot more than between "good" vs "great". Most people won't care.
Maybe most people won't care, but the NYT obviously isn't after "most" people; they'll be happy with "enough" people.

I value my time, so, for me the distinction between "good" and "great" makes all the difference. I'd rather read a great book than a merely good one, regardless of the price. I'd rather read an in-depth article in the NYT than a mediocre one in another paper.

I'm not saying that there aren't other great papers out there that are free. And that might indeed be a problem.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #63
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
The Calibre 'New York Times' plugin gets the complete New York Times after all.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cracked, new york times, nyt, paywall