Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
netyou
netyou began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
Angry [kindle dxg]Couldn't update my kindle

Hello All,

Got a kindle dxg
Couldn't update kindle to latest amazon firmware 2.5.8
error code:U006

so I am using the Diagnostic mode to make an md5hash check in order to verify it.

This is the log file from the first diagnostic test:

MoviNand Diagnostic Test:
FAIL : md5sum - /opt/config/not_shipped not found
FAIL : MoviNand Diagnostic Test

I am asking if anyone would be kind enough to help me revert all changes I have made in the MoviNand Flash.

Thanks

My Kindle version: B009 kindle dxg 2.5.4 (501100064)

Thanks

netyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
If your Kindle is jailbreaked, you need to (temporarily) disable that jailbreak in order to install Amazon signed updates.

I doubt that this check result has any consequences. From its name I think it's clear that file isn't supposed to be there.

Besides that: How should we help you to revert the changes you have made when we do not know which changes you made? I'm sorry, but you will probably have to go this route alone... Better ask about specific problems you encounter.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert