Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
is it possible to update the available RAM on the Kindle-DXG?

i recall reading a 'behind the cover' article on the kindle DX where the author took the machine apart to examine the underlying logic board. i'm pretty sure he claimed the CPU, RAM and sound card were user replaceable, can anyone confirm this?

the reason i ask is i'd like to upgrade the RAM in my DXG from 128 to 256M, like the K3. i'm running the new 3.2.1 firmware and whilst it runs nice and fast i'm thinking some additional RAM would make the machine that bit more snappy, especially in the web browser.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
maara
maara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
the thing that is slow on the e-reader is the e-ink display... if you want a snappy internet browsing, buy a tablet....
maara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I don't find web browsing to be all that fast on my iPad, using wi-fi (which should be faster than 3G). It could be Safari's problem, for all I know, because lots of programs are just fine on the iPad.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote