Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #1411
ilmars
ilmars began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I together with my colleagues have launched Bookvibe - book discovery and recommendation site, that shows you great books your friends and other people on Twitter are discussing. You can subscribe to weekly email, if you want books you'll love sent to your inbox.

http://www.bookvibe.com

Let me give an example how Bookvibe helps you as a reader. It works for any Twitter handle (yours, your friend, author), but let's imagine that you are interested in Stephen King books:

1. Do you know that Stephen King on Twitter follow only 19 people. It might be interesting to know what those people are saying about books, right? Here you go:

http://www.bookvibe.com/people/steph...?scope=friends

2. Do you want to know what Stephen King is reading and saying about books? Do you know that he read Red Moon by Benjamin Percy and his comment was "Finished RED MOON, by Benjamin Percy. A werewolf epic. Can't stop thinking about it."? Here you go:

http://www.bookvibe.com/people/stephenking?scope=user

3. If you want to see what books are trending on Twitter, you can browse and subscribe weekly trending books for different categories. Some starters:

Bookvibe helps you as an author too - you can easily keep track of tweets about your book and get conversations about your book in one daily or weekly email. http://alerts.bookvibe.com/

I'll be glad to receive any feedback to help improve our service to readers and authors.

Note of clarification: All the services listed above ARE FREE.

Last edited by ilmars; 03-11-2014 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Moderator found Payment section in Terms of Services and incorrectly assumed that services mentioned in this post are paid.
ilmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #1412
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NOTE TO MEMBERS:

Please note that Bookvibe [the post above] is a paid service. From their website:

Payment

You are responsible for all charges and shall pay all charges in U.S. dollars or in such other currency as agreed to in writing. Late payments bear interest at the rate of 1.5% per month (or the highest rate permitted by law, if less). Charges are exclusive of taxes. You are responsible for paying (a) all taxes, government charges, and (b) reasonable expenses and attorneys fees Bookvibe incurs collecting late amounts. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive all claims relating to charges (including without limitation any claims for charges based on suspected invalid clicks) unless claimed within 60 days after the charge (this does not affect your credit card issuer rights). Charges are solely based on Bookvibe’s measurements for the applicable service, unless otherwise agreed to in writing. To the fullest extent permitted by law, refunds (if any) are at the discretion of Bookvibe and only in the form of service credit. Nothing in these terms may obligate Bookvibe to extend credit to any party. You acknowledge and agree that any credit card and related billing and payment information that you provide may be shared with companies who work on Bookvibe’s behalf, such as payment processors and/or credit agencies, solely for the purposes of checking credit, effecting payment to Bookvibe and servicing your account. Bookvibe may also provide information in response to valid legal process, such as subpoenas, search warrants and court orders, or to establish or exercise its legal rights or defend against legal claims. Bookvibe shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such information by such third parties.

----------------------

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-11-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #1413
ilmars
ilmars began at the beginning.

NOTE TO MEMBERS:

I wanted to clarify 2 posts above - all the Bookvibe services mentioned above ARE FREE.

P.S. Presence of Payments section in legal Terms of Service doesn't infer that user needs to pay for any of those services. I guess it would be less confusing if there would be simple human readable ToS on the site too.
ilmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:58 AM   #1414
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
A Review of *Duchamp et Moi*, by Jill Rapaport

Here's a review of Jill Rapaport's exceptionally written collection of stories.

Jill Rapaport's Duchamp et Moi

I'm posting a link to the review here because, even though I didn't write the short story collection itself, I'm the reviewer and my review appears in Sensitive Skin, a magazine that I co-edit.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:30 AM   #1415
RPeters
RPeters began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle basic
Military and Veterans Fiction Free Book Review Blog

If you're a military veteran author writing about anything, or a civilian writing about military themes, come on over to:
Military and Veterans Fiction Free Book Review Blog
http://rappeters.wordpress.com/

Military vets get 1st priority, everyone else must "get in where you fit in."
Thanks,
Pete
RPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #1416
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Patrick Director Interview

I recently did an interview with Mark Hartley, director of the horror-thriller remake Patrick.

http://sidneywilliams.blogspot.com/2...w-excerpt.html
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #1417
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Blushes

I'm posting this both here and on kboards, because people in both places helped me so much when I was starting out.

Heidi Garrett, on her blog, did the most marvelous review of Dragons and Dreams. Rather than just stopping with the first two stories, which are the most whimsical, she looks at my more serious stories as well, and really seems to "get" what I was trying to do with them.

http://heidigwrites.blogspot.com/201...rice.html#blog

Do you know how rare it is when someone really gets your writing? (I'm tempted to use the word "grok" for her level of understanding)

I'm impressed, and a little bit awed. Now I'm going to have to get some of her adult fairy tale books, because if she understands fairy tales that well, her own books must be wonderful.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #1418
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Congrats on the review Becca.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:21 AM   #1419
Mel Comley
Addict
Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've blogged about my latest release here: M A Comley, Author: New kid on the block! http://melcomley.blogspot.com/2014/0....html?spref=tw

And about The Twelve's success in achieving our NY Times and USA Today status. It's been a thrilling month. :-)

M A Comley, Author: Press release! Deadly Dozen by The Twelve hit the ... http://melcomley.blogspot.com/2014/0....html?spref=tw
Mel Comley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:29 AM   #1420
Eldars
Eldars began at the beginning.

Device: Fastr
Question Social reading after Readmill closing

Hi Mobile Readers!

Maybe you have already heard the news about Readmill closing on 1st July (https://readmill.com/epilogue). If any of you were using Readmill as the primary reading app, have you already decided where to migrate after its gone?

We are currently developing highlights and file migration from Readmill to Fastr Books app. Want to know, if there would be demand for such feature.

Thanks,
Eldars
Eldars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:19 AM   #1421
cloughie77
cloughie77 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Charity Auction

Hi all,

hope you don't mind me posting this here.

I am raising money for East Midlands Dog Rescue and have been collecting signed items to auction. I have a lot of books which have been donated and signed by Helen Fielding, Terry Pratchett, Jodi Picoult, Jeffrey Archer to name but a few.

Would you be kind enough to view my link to the auction and bid generously for a great cause.

Link deleted by moderator

thanks

Jamie

Last edited by HarryT; 04-03-2014 at 02:59 AM.
cloughie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:58 AM   #1422
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Please take the time to read our posting rules. Shortened URLs are not permitted.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #1423
andrewburt
Science Fiction Writer
andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: several
FREE KINDLE FIRE!

FREE KINDLE FIRE! ReAnimus Press is having a drawing for a free Kindle Fire!
Visit www.ReAnimus.com to enter, no strings attached. The odds are waaaay
better than Powerball.

(ReAnimus Press publishes ebooks from bestselling and award-winning authors. We have a couple hundred books out or in the pipeline in a wide range of genres, with a particular lot of science fiction. About 90% are republications of books that were first published by major publishers, about 10% new releases. All our ebooks are DRM-free, and most are available in paperback as well for those who like that kind of thing. Have a look!)
andrewburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #1424
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Congratulations on all the good stuff!
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #1425
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Top of the Heap has been on a roll of late after taking a couple months off due to myself writing my first novella (or short story).

We've had quite a few reviews and these are some of the highlights!

DarkFuse #1 - a collection of short stories from authors of this up and coming Horror Publisher - http://topoftheheapreviews.com/darkfuse-1-shane-staley/

Honor Among Thieves - this is the fist 5 star review of a Star Wars book for me. I love Star Wars novels, but to give 5 stars, it's gotta be something really special - http://topoftheheapreviews.com/star-...mes-s-a-corey/

How the Octopus Got Eight Arms - the first kids book that I've given one star two, and actually found quite offensive...this fable proposes that fathers cannot handle responsibility without being surgically altered! - http://topoftheheapreviews.com/how-t...yvonne-arroyo/

Lockstep - A fairly original science fiction novel, and Karl Schroeder's first foray into YA science fiction- http://topoftheheapreviews.com/revie...arl-schroeder/

Sorry for all the links, just thought I'd share since it's been quite a while!!

Tomorrow I will be part of a blog tour for Hunter Shea's The Waiting, and will have an interview, a review, and a giveaway!! Make sure to come back tomorrow for that!!

www.topoftheheapreviews.com
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing