Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-08-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
Problems with packaged HTML and pagebar

Does anyone else here experience problems with bundled HTML pages? My pagebar won't work like it should, I'm able to turn pages with the flip-bar, but the pagebar stays on page 1 forever.

BTW: I updated my comic2iliad tool (there are some serious bugs in the created html, why did noone tell me?), just have to zip up and transfer the files to my homepage (in the next 4 hours or so).
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_k
Does anyone else here experience problems with bundled HTML pages? My pagebar won't work like it should, I'm able to turn pages with the flip-bar, but the pagebar stays on page 1 forever.

BTW: I updated my comic2iliad tool (there are some serious bugs in the created html, why did noone tell me?), just have to zip up and transfer the files to my homepage (in the next 4 hours or so).
You didn't put the Next and Prev meta tags into the pages.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
b_k
Übernerd

if i hadn't put the <link rel= ...> in there, the pageflip wouldn't work.
edit: I think I'm going to report this as bug. I have not changed all of my comic archives before i got my iLiad back, but now everyone of my HTML packages does not work correct.

Pageflip-bar: works
Index/pagebar: broken

Last edited by b_k; 09-08-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:45 PM   #4
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_k
if i hadn't put the <link rel= ...> in there, the pageflip wouldn't work.
edit: I think I'm going to report this as bug. I have not changed all of my comic archives before i got my iLiad back, but now everyone of my HTML packages does not work correct.

Pageflip-bar: works
Index/pagebar: broken
No bug. I just checked on my HTML eBooks I created. They work fine.

In each HTML file, I have:
<link rel="next" href="0881.html" />
<link rel="prev" href="0879.html" />

In the manifest.xml file I have:
<pagelist type="layout" count="25">
<page number="1" url="0875.html" />
<page number="2" url="0876.html" />
<page number="3" url="0877.html" />
<page number="4" url="0878.html" />

I used the page flip bar to go back and forth. I used the index/pagebar to jump ahead. No issues. Everything worked fine.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:16 AM   #5
b_k
Übernerd

I uploaded some examples. To say the truth I have not the slightest idea what causes my problem, but it could be the manifest.xml. Although it appears to me as there is no error in the files.

http://disflux.com/~bjoern/dw/doku.p...iliad:troubles
Advert
Old 09-09-2006, 05:53 AM   #6
rlauzon
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_k
I uploaded some examples. To say the truth I have not the slightest idea what causes my problem, but it could be the manifest.xml. Although it appears to me as there is no error in the files.
Looking at my eBooks that work, the only differences I see are:

The HTML files, you have:
Code:
<meta name="keywords" type="ag123" />
I don't have that in my files.

But I do have
Code:
<meta type="layout" />
In the manifest.xml file, you have:
Code:
<pagelist type="ag123" count="302">
while I have:
Code:
and at the end of my manifest.xml, I have
Code:
<pagelist type="article" count="0">
</pagelist>
(This goes before the closing index tag.)

Those are the only differences that I can see. Everything else looks fine in your files.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:35 AM   #7
b_k
Übernerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon
Looking at my eBooks that work, the only differences I see are:

The HTML files, you have:
Code:
<meta name="keywords" type="ag123" />
I don't have that in my files.

But I do have
Code:
<meta type="layout" />
I used the markup described in iRex HowTo document. And there it says "<meta name=”keywords” type=”XXXXX”>". (So I would think it is right)

Quote:
In the manifest.xml file, you have:
Code:
<pagelist type="ag123" count="302">
while I have:
Code:
and at the end of my manifest.xml, I have
Code:
<pagelist type="article" count="0">
</pagelist>
(This goes before the closing index tag.)

Those are the only differences that I can see. Everything else looks fine in your files.
I understood the HowTo as if the type only depends on what one defines in the manifest.xml and the files you want to bundle.

And I swear, exactly those files that don't work now, have worked before I sent my iLiad to iRex and got it back with V 2.6.1. I think it is not impossible that something was modified in the XML parser which reads the manifest, cause they wanted to avoid manifested files in different system directories. However, that is only my speculation.

And I think I was not the only one using my script to generate content, I think I'm going to ask one who I know of that he used the script if he fell into the same troubles.