Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-08-2024, 08:18 PM   #9451
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticAdventure View Post
Hey, I have a small troubleshooting issue. Hopefully this is the right place to put this. If not, please redirect me, and I apologize!
You're in the right place, welcome.

The 'extra' settings are used in defaults.ini with many sites to avoid hard-coding category/ship/etc for sites dedicated to a particular fandom/ship/etc. See INI wiki page section on extrametadata.

Without knowing what site you are using, I can only speculate that you are using one of the sites that has an extracategories setting in defaults.ini.

A setting under a specific site section in defaults.ini takes precedence over the same setting under [defaults] in personal.ini. See INI wiki page section on defaults.ini vs personal.ini.

When I try those settings in personal.ini with a site I know doesn't have any extraX settings in defaults.ini, I see them all show up.

I would try using add_to_X:
Code:
[defaults]
add_to_extracategories:,TestCat
add_to_extracharacters:,TestChar
add_to_extraships:,Test/Ship
Note the leading comma(,) that is needed for adding to existing lists. See INI wiki page section on add_to_keyword and especially the part about the 'gotcha'.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:29 PM   #9452
ChaoticAdventure
ChaoticAdventure began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post

I would try using add_to_X:
Code:
[defaults]
add_to_extracategories:,TestCat
add_to_extracharacters:,TestChar
add_to_extraships:,Test/Ship
Note the leading comma(,) that is needed for adding to existing lists. See INI wiki page section on add_to_keyword and especially the part about the 'gotcha'.
Thank you for letting me know about the commas, somehow I missed that when going through the wiki...
Unfortunately using the leading commas and add_to_X didn't change the results. Character and ship added properly, but the category didn't. I went through the defaults.ini and made sure there wasn't anything conflicting in there, too, and there wasn't. (I'm downloading from Ao3 if that makes a difference.)

I'm not really sure why this is...
It's fine, I don't need to be able to do it. It's just a bit odd.
ChaoticAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:52 PM   #9453
ChaoticAdventure
ChaoticAdventure began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre
I'd just like to add that I've now found a workaround for the thing I wanted to use add_to_extracategories for.
So I don't need it to work
In case this is a larger problem though: for some reason add_to_extracategories still doesn't work, even if I put it in overrides. That might be to do with custom columns, or something in my replace_metadata, I don't know.
But I've done what I set out to do, so I'm happy. Thanks again for the prompt response and have a great day
ChaoticAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 12:08 AM   #9454
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticAdventure View Post
(I'm downloading from Ao3 if that makes a difference.)
Actually, in this case, it does make a difference. For AO3, FFF doesn't use extracategories because category is replaced with site specific fandoms:
Code:
## AO3 uses the word 'category' differently than most sites.  The
## adapter used to be hardcoded to include the site specific metadata
## fandom in the standard metadata field category.  By making it
## configurable, users can change it.
include_in_category:fandoms
Since extracategories is generally only used for specific fandom/ship/etc sites and AO3 is a general site, it's never come up before.

This is obscure enough that since you've already found another solution, I'm not going to worry about it.
Old 04-09-2024, 12:01 PM   #9455
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2024-04-09
- basexf: Add XF categorized tags into: category, genre, characters, contenttags and formattags
- basexf: Fix for prefix tags, put in prefixtags included in genre

SB / SV have added categories for forum(thread) tags.

FFF already collected them all together in forumtags--this continues so nobody's config breaks.

But now, the categorized tags are collected into the appropriate FFF metadata entries. I don't see a one-to-one mapping for any existing FFF standard metadata entry for XF's 'Content' or 'Format' categories, so they are each their own thing.

I also found that 'prefix' tags were broken, so I put those in their own prefixtags entry also and include them in genre.

A couple more details:

capitalize_forumtags applies to all the forum(thread) tags:
Code:
## XenForo tags are all lowercase everywhere that I've seen.  This
## makes the first letter of each word uppercase.  Applied before
## replace_metadata.  Also applies to category, genre, characters,
## contenttags and formattags collected from site tags.
capitalize_forumtags:true
genre still currently gets all forumtags and category still gets tagsfromtitle,parentforums
Code:
## Add forumtags to standard entry genre and tagsfromtitle to
## category.  Can be changed in personal.ini if desired.
include_in_genre:genre,forumtags,prefixtags
include_in_category:category,tagsfromtitle,parentforums
If you disagree or have other ideas about how to handle this, now is the time to discuss--before it gets released.
Old 04-09-2024, 05:10 PM   #9456
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Hi, this is a mostly cosmetic question.

Yesterday, when I selected "Download from URL's" in FFF the URL was black with no underline.

Today, the URLs are blue with and underline. Is this a new change with Calibre or something else?

I don't recall making any changes in Calibre that would change the appearance of the URLs so now I'm curious as to what happened. I'm not sure if changes to browsers would impact the color of the urls?

Thanks,
Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 05:35 PM   #9457
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

You're talking abou the appearance of URLs that you put in the edit box of the "Download from URLs"? After you've put them in?

I'm not aware of anything changing about that. I suspect it would depend on OS and browser, plus how you put the URLs in.

OTOH, I don't think it matters. Only the text itself is used. Unless it somehow isn't working correct now when you go to do the downloads.
Old 04-09-2024, 05:40 PM   #9458
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Could it have anything to do with the plain text changes for personal.ini? Completely different dialog, though.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 05:49 PM   #9459
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
You're talking abou the appearance of URLs that you put in the edit box of the "Download from URLs"? After you've put them in?
Yes, this is what I'm talking about. The downloads work and everything but I was curious as to why the color and underline changed from one day to the next. It's a cosmetic change as far as I can tell.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:18 PM   #9460
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Could it have anything to do with the plain text changes for personal.ini? Completely different dialog, though.
Different code, that change didn't touch the URL edit box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Yes, this is what I'm talking about. The downloads work and everything but I was curious as to why the color and underline changed from one day to the next. It's a cosmetic change as far as I can tell.
If it's not affecting functionality, I'm inclined to not worry about it.

I'm not seeing it happen, so that severely limits my ability to figure it out.

If you really want to know what's going on, I would need to know your OS, browser, Calibre version, site & page your copying from, and exact steps taken (ie copy/paste or drop/drop).
Old 04-09-2024, 11:30 PM   #9461
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:

If it's not affecting functionality, I'm inclined to not worry about it.

I'm not seeing it happen, so that severely limits my ability to figure it out.

If you really want to know what's going on, I would need to know your OS, browser, Calibre version, site & page your copying from, and exact steps taken (ie copy/paste or drop/drop).
I think in this case it's not worth the time to dig deeper.

I probably changed something in my browser that's affecting how the urls look when I copy and paste.

thanks for your help!
Amalthia
Old 04-10-2024, 10:40 AM   #9462
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is this a case of links being visited vs not coloring (default is reddish when visited and blue for not)
I know a lot of books override those to Black
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:48 AM   #9463
kamille3
Enthusiast
kamille3 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Literotica seems to be have stopped working since the website rolled out a new version of the author page. Fix appreciated.
kamille3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:53 AM   #9464
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Hm, it makes me wonder - maybe the plain-text fix could also be implemented to the Download dialog?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:15 AM   #9465
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamille3 View Post
Literotica seems to be have stopped working since the website rolled out a new version of the author page. Fix appreciated.
See issue #1058.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Hm, it makes me wonder - maybe the plain-text fix could also be implemented to the Download dialog?
Possibly.

I have just found a way to get formatted/colored URL text to appear in the URL dialog:

Drag/drop or copy/paste some text from browser containing URLs that aren't story URLs.

Tags
fanfiction