Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-02-2024, 11:26 AM   #1
glenm125
glenm125 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad and Android smartphone
Moon+ Reader Ads turn on sound

I turn my sound off deliberately when I read at night in bed, out of respect for the person sleeping next to me. But when Moon+ pops up an ad, either the ad or the reader have turned the sound on again. Moon+ has apparently requested no permissions, so I can't take away it's permission to control or play sound.

This is pretty annoying and frankly disrespectful. I've been giving Moon+ a trial, and right now it is encouraging me to start looking at others again. Sad, because I like some of its features. Not all ... I was going to search for other ways to solve gaps, such as marking books read until new chapters arrive, or faceted book list filtering (find me a story with these 2 or more tags or rating). But this egregious behavior for sound is discouraging me.
glenm125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 07:36 AM   #2
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenm125 View Post
I turn my sound off deliberately when I read at night in bed, out of respect for the person sleeping next to me. But when Moon+ pops up an ad, either the ad or the reader have turned the sound on again. Moon+ has apparently requested no permissions, so I can't take away it's permission to control or play sound.

This is pretty annoying and frankly disrespectful. I've been giving Moon+ a trial, and right now it is encouraging me to start looking at others again. Sad, because I like some of its features. Not all ... I was going to search for other ways to solve gaps, such as marking books read until new chapters arrive, or faceted book list filtering (find me a story with these 2 or more tags or rating). But this egregious behavior for sound is discouraging me.
I got the Pro version first time I tried back 2009, so no ads.

In any case you have dozens of options available these days.

Sent from my 22081212UG using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote