Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #1
kobo77
kobo77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Auro not opening books anymore.

Hi all,

I've searched the forums but can't seem to find a solution to my problem so I hope someone can help me.

I've been using my Kobo Auro since 2015 with no problems at all until earlier this week when it froze on me and I had to use the reset button to get it to work again.

I had to setup from the start again and that all went fine, sync also worked and putting books on it wasn't a problem either. The problem is that the Aura will not open any book. I can tap on it and it will just open a blank page and nothing else happens. If I tap the screen again it will go back to my home and the book will be in the library under finished.

I already tried logging of off my account and back on again on the reader, resetting it, opening books I have just finished before this all started but so far nothing I do seems to work.

Did my reader give up or is it something I did/still do? Anyone out there who can help me?

Edit to add: When I connect the reader to my pc and open a book from it on the pc itself either using a reading app or Calibre it will work just fine and I can read the books..

Last edited by kobo77; 05-08-2018 at 01:16 PM. Reason: adding some info
kobo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobo77 View Post
I had to setup from the start again and that all went fine, sync also worked and putting books on it wasn't a problem either. The problem is that the Aura will not open any book. I can tap on it and it will just open a blank page and nothing else happens. If I tap the screen again it will go back to my home and the book will be in the library under finished.
Sounds like the same issue everyone is having with the new firmware. I'm guessing this only happens on ePubs and firmware 4.8.x installed itself? This firmware has known bugs and was withdrawn by Kobo. (See the thread on firmware 4.8.x.) There's two ways to fix this. Either drop back to the earlier version of the firmware, or patch your Aura to change your base serif and non-serif fonts to Georgia and Avenir. (More info in the 4.8.x thread.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:24 PM   #3
icanread190
icanread190 is a glorious beacon of lighticanread190 is a glorious beacon of lighticanread190 is a glorious beacon of lighticanread190 is a glorious beacon of lighticanread190 is a glorious beacon of lighticanread190 is a glorious beacon of lighticanread190 is a glorious beacon of lighticanread190 is a glorious beacon of lighticanread190 is a glorious beacon of lighticanread190 is a glorious beacon of lighticanread190 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
I had this issue with a couple of books. It also wouldn't authorize library books. If you check the thread on firmware 4.8.x you will see the instructions I was given to reload the previous firmware. So far it seems to have worked. I had previously gone through all the things you have tried.
icanread190 is offline   Reply With Quote