Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #841
theonna
One
theonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony, Kindle,Pocketbook, Nook...
Thank you,
I used sql browser, after compacting file was 84mb, can it be put back on the reader and be useable?
theonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #842
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've been using SQLite Database Browser. I've used the Windows and Linux versions but not the Mac version.

http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/

For the change davidfor suggested, go the the second tab (Browse Data) and then select Activity on the table drop down menu. Look down the Type column until you see sync, click on the true in the Activity column next to sync and set it's value to false.

I'd suggest copying the database to your computer, saving a backup copy, making the change and then copying the changed database back to your Kobo. Suspenders and belt seldom hurts.

Regards,
David
DNSB -

I've followed your instructions to a "tee", but I can't find a way to actually change the "true" value to "false". There's no mechanism I can see to affect the change to the table...

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #843
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
DNSB -

I've followed your instructions to a "tee", but I can't find a way to actually change the "true" value to "false". There's no mechanism I can see to affect the change to the table...

Double click on the cell containing the true value. It should pop up an window labelled "Edit Database Cell". Make the changes in there and click on "Apply Changes". Save the database and copy it back to your Kobo.

Regards,
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SQLiteBrowser.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	106220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cell_editor.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	106221  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #844
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonna View Post
Thank you,
I used sql browser, after compacting file was 84mb, can it be put back on the reader and be useable?
Yes. Just make sure you have a backup saved. While there should be no problems, the best way to make sure you don't need a backup is to have one.

Regards,
David
Old 05-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #845
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
too late, never mind
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #846
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Excuse me, but what in the holy heck are they using 40,000+ characters or bytes for per book in the database? Does no one else find this questionable? I'm basing this on the figures I've seen in this thread like an 80MB database for 1,800 books... No wonder it takes forever to process a few thousand books!
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #847
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
What sqlite manager/editor can I use to do that?
The other David pointed to SQLite Database Browser, but I have been using a Firefox plugin. It is SQLite Manager. The main reason I started using it for the Kobo database was because I had it installed. But, it works very well, and I usually have Firefox opened, so there is little overhead.

Something the SQLite Database Browser is missing from its menus are database checking functions. If you get an error from calibre about the database, or changes on the device don't seem to save, then open the database and run:

Code:
PRAGMA integrity_check
That will report any problems. Or it will report "Ok" if there are no problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #848
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
New week, new battery test.
From 100% Monday to 0% now, with a total of 15 seconds of use (just to see the battery life, don't have time to read, these day).
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #849
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Something the SQLite Database Browser is missing from its menus are database checking functions. If you get an error from calibre about the database, or changes on the device don't seem to save, then open the database and run:

Code:
PRAGMA integrity_check
That will report any problems. Or it will report "Ok" if there are no problems.
I've just got a bunch of queries I use saved in a text file and copy/paste to execute them. Being able to save queries would be handier.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #850
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
New week, new battery test.
From 100% Monday to 0% now, with a total of 15 seconds of use (just to see the battery life, don't have time to read, these day).
And nothing touches the screen before it enters completely the sleep mode? That was a reason for huge battery drains on other Kobo devices.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #851
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The other David pointed to SQLite Database Browser, but I have been using a Firefox plugin. It is SQLite Manager.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #852
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
And nothing touches the screen before it enters completely the sleep mode? That was a reason for huge battery drains on other Kobo devices.
I open it, check the battery, and put it back to sleep.
It was on my shelf all week.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #853
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
I open it, check the battery, and put it back to sleep.
It was on my shelf all week.
So if you don't have a cover, that can't be the issue that happened with the Glo. Such a drain would be a good reason to contact CS and have a new unit.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:25 AM   #854
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
My Aura finally shut down due to low battery, and I had to give it a full charge for the first time since I got it. It did last a long time on the initial charge, even accounting for the many times that I plugged it into the computer. On the other hand, it takes twice as long as the Touch to charge the battery, around 4 hours. I'm guessing that it still limits the charging current to 500ma max. I also notice that unlike the Touch it doesn't display the charge status on the screen when it's sleeping.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:03 AM   #855
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
So, how long did that take and how many hours of reading? The latter should be on the Reading Stats page of Reading life.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote