Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #106
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I just got another notice that my HDX 7 has been updated to 4.1.1, with what looks to be exactly the same change info that was in my previous notice.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #107
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Apparently, according to the scuttlebutt on the Amazon Kindle forums, there will be a series of small updates, all under the 4.1.1 heading, correcting the problems that are turning up as the update gets pushed to more customers.

The GUI and keyboard changes do not appear to be an overwhelming hit with the users. Folks are reporting problems with Collections and with the dictionaries.
Advert
Old 11-15-2014, 01:00 AM   #108
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
The GUI and keyboard changes do not appear to be an overwhelming hit with the users. Folks are reporting problems with Collections and with the dictionaries.
Everything's so tiny; it ridiculous.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:46 PM   #109
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

I'm having a hard time with it.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:18 AM   #110
enkov
Advanced Dunno
enkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 7 + Paperwhite 2013
Wow, my HDX 7" is on FireOS 4.5.1 yet, based on an Android 4.4.3... When will be an Android 4.4.4 based (may be FireOS 4.6.1)?
enkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2014, 01:30 AM   #111
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm downloading it now.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:49 AM   #112
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

They still kept the smaller keyboard and thinner font, but they added emoji . They also allow you to add back the secondary characters to the keyboard via Settings >Keyboard >Keyboard Settings.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:54 AM   #113
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

Fire OS 4.5.1 Release Notes
Your Fire Tablet has been updated to Fire OS 4.5.1. This free software update from Amazon includes general performance improvements and adds other new and exciting features. We hope you'll love the new features as much as we do.

Family Library – Family Library lets you share your apps, games, audiobooks, and books with another adult in your household, even if they use a different Amazon account. Your Family Library can be set up in Settings. Family Library is available in the U.S., U.K., and Germany.

Lock Screen Media Controls – You now have access to MP3 and Audible playback controls on the lock screen. If your tablet has a rear-facing camera, you can also launch the camera app from the lock screen.

Prime Music Stations – Prime members now have access to ad-free personalized stations with unlimited skips, in addition to Prime Music's selection of over a million songs by artists including U2, Blake Shelton, Daft Punk, Bruno Mars, Madonna, and more. Just open the Music tab and select Prime Stations to start listening. Prime Music Stations is available in the U.S.

Emoji – Amazon's keyboard now includes color emoji. Choose from hundreds of emoji characters to make your email messages more fun and personal.

Camera for Kids – Amazon FreeTime now includes camera features specially designed for kids. Kids can explore their creative side with fun editing tools like adding stickers and drawings on their pictures. As always in FreeTime, kids are blocked from posting photos to social media. This feature is available on Fire Tablets with a front or rear-facing camera. Camera for Kids is available in the U.S., U.K., and Germany.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:05 AM   #114
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Prime Music Stations

That's the update I've been waiting for. Hope they roll this out to older models.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:36 AM   #115
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Any fix to the brightness problem? My tablet went from perfect for reading to burn your eyeballs bright at the lowest setting when it updated to Sangria. Screen Dim keeps crashing too. It's frustrating owning a tablet for a year and then having that taken away from you.

Before I didn't even keep it at minimum now I have to and it's still too bright.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-17-2014 at 05:39 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:32 AM   #116
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Prime Music Stations

That's the update I've been waiting for. Hope they roll this out to older models.
What model is it for? 2013 tabs only?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #117
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I think. I upgraded my 1st gen HDX 8.9 (2013). It's in the Music menu under Prime (Prime Music - Prime Playlists - Prime Stations).

I like Prime Stations, but it's a poor substitute for AOL Radio and Pandora. Prime Music has a very weak catalog compared to the other players in the game (AOL, TuneIn, Pandora, Slacker, Spotify, iHeart, etc).
Old 11-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #118
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Any fix to the brightness problem? My tablet went from perfect for reading to burn your eyeballs bright at the lowest setting when it updated to Sangria. Screen Dim keeps crashing too. It's frustrating owning a tablet for a year and then having that taken away from you.

Before I didn't even keep it at minimum now I have to and it's still too bright.
Is that with turning down both the system brightness and the brightness within the reading app? Under font setting you also have a brightness setting.
I could never stand to read with a back lit reader in a completely dark room, need a lamp or some bit of light. At best the white text on black background was somewhat tolerable.
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #119
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I never had a problem with the brightness, so I can't say. I didn't have to make any changes to my current level when the update went through, though.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #120
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
It appeared on the current Fire HDX 7.