Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-23-2015, 04:44 AM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Immersion Reading

Has it always been so buggy? It's been forever since I've used it but I am so sick of it rereading paragraphs or skipping paragraphs or just stopping. Each time I have to flip page back then forth for it to read properly.

I started out on the Android app on my N7 thinking that maybe it was the app then switch over to my KF6 and it got much worse. You would think Amazon would have worked the kinks out by now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:17 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Umm, a little bit, yes. But I think it may be slightly better with the latest update. It used to stop and skip a lot more (or refuse to read certain pages), or maybe it depends on the book. I've always wondered how they do this in the first place.

What bugs me more is that it doesn't deal with screen lock very well. It will continue reading of course, and that's fine (when I'm driving a car for example) but then when it comes time to unlock it will often jump back to where it was before screen lock, i.e. losing my place. It baffles me how the app can get confused like that. Same with the Android app.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #3
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
That bug was introduced in an update last year and it hasn't been the same since.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Umm, a little bit, yes. But I think it may be slightly better with the latest update. It used to stop and skip a lot more (or refuse to read certain pages), or maybe it depends on the book. I've always wondered how they do this in the first place.

What bugs me more is that it doesn't deal with screen lock very well. It will continue reading of course, and that's fine (when I'm driving a car for example) but then when it comes time to unlock it will often jump back to where it was before screen lock, i.e. losing my place. It baffles me how the app can get confused like that. Same with the Android app.
In case of driving I would use the Audible part of the Kindle Fire or Audible app on another device instead of Immersion reading. You're saying it's gotten better? Wow it use to be worse?
Old 01-26-2015, 12:05 AM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Mine works fine Perhaps its the book
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2015, 01:03 AM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Well, in terms of screen lock issue, I just have to remember to unlock the screen before pausing playback (or resume playback before unlocking). Then the text and audio remains synced. And it may help to be online (I'm often not online).

Still there is something to fix.

I'm sure some errors are book specific. There must be some sort of index to map from audio to text, and while generating one of those is probably mostly automated, I would not be surprised to learn that the automation is not perfect, and that humans trying to double check what the automation has done miss things, particularly when books are several dozen hours long.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:18 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

So has any of you come across a book where the immersion reading stops and then jumps a chapter but the narration is still reading from the next page.

I am reading and listening to Virgin River by Robin Carr and I got to 15% and suddenly the page jumped to 20% but the narration is from the next page like it should even though the page it is on is over in another chapter

I had to open the book on another tablet so I could read along on Moon+ because when I try to read it on the Kindle it tells me no narration available. I'm hoping when it reaches 20% it will work again.