Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #46
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thank you very much!! I had looked for bugs but I couldn't find what I was looking for and actually didn't even know how to word it to make any sense.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this.

Thanks for you time and great work

CRISSMAN
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #47
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Calibre has long been essential for me. Now with the addition of virtual library tabs, it has also become FUN! I've created some virtual library tabs and will probably do more, with some adjustments to my tags. It just makes it SO much easier and, well, fun to wander through my library this way when I am trying to decide what to read next.

Kovid, I've sent you another small donation. I wish it could be more, but I'm now on a very small fixed income. You have done so much amazing work with this program, and I'm so very grateful for it. Thank you.
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2013, 04:43 AM   #48
Podrunner
Podrunner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4
Smile Thank you

Hey, congratulations for 1.0.0
I'm very happy. Calibre is the best program which is running my mac!
A little bit more "itunes style" and it will be perfect!!!!!!!
Tom

Podrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #49
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I Really love this new grid version! Thanks a lot for this great software!
I have only one suggestion: can you add the suddivision for author/series in the grid view? for example:

author/series(number of the books)

author2/series2(number of the books)

where the * are the images of the books
it will very usefull for who have a lot of books
Ansem_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #50
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansem_93 View Post
author/series(number of the books)

author2/series2(number of the books)

where the * are the images of the books
it will very usefull for who have a lot of books
Not the same thing, but in case you missed it when you hover your mouse over a cover the author, title, series, and series index pops up.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #51
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
eBook management without Calibre would be unthinkable! Thanks a ton to all who works so hard & tirelessly to make this an absolutely essential part of the ereader experience - on any platform! Donation #2 forthcoming!

:t hanks:
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #52
ho4587
ho4587 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Thank you so much for that great program! Love it really!
ho4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #53
Selzernium
Enthusiast
Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thumbs up Congrats and big thank you to all.

A heartfelt Thank You to Kovid et alia. Last but not least Congratulations for the big #1, and lets be honest Calibre is the book organiser program. Have sent a small donation to celebrate the moment.
Selzernium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #54
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
System Crashes since installation of 1.0

I am running Windows 8 on a new Dell laptop, Core 1.5. I have a little over 15,000 books loaded. Since the upgrade to 10.0 I have been getting "Calibre unresponsive" with nearly every action & frequent crashes that totally freeze my entire system. When this occurs I am not able to even bring up Task Manager to get out of the crash & have to do a hard reset. This just happened when I attempted to load a 4mb book. Even when I don't get a crash loading books, converting etc is much slower. I have tag manager turned off so this does not load & slow things down.

I filled out a bug request but wondered if anyone else is having a similar experience.
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #55
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
not so happy...

using the portable version, after the update all my libraries gone (still on disk but config info is gone)

all of my configurations, etc...gone...it's just as if I did a virgin install ... (TGFB)

edit: odd.. even though it's the portable package, it seems to still detect it's been installed before...on the second try I did not get to see the first run config wizard (even though I restored all my 0.9x settings from backup) and now all existing libraries were immediately recognized. ???

Last edited by At_Libitum; 08-27-2013 at 01:24 PM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #56
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Did you copy your library and config information into the location that the Portable install expects to find it in?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #57
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Did you copy your library and config information into the location that the Portable install expects to find it in?
The other way around I pointed the installer to the location where the portable normally lives so it would upgrade the existing installation. Library is outside of this folder structure (so I don't get too long pathnames when encountering an XP system)
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #58
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
umm - I can't quite figure out HOW I did it -but somehow I lost the ability for the Amazon metadata with this last update. I thought Big Book sounded great and I thought I'd try it out - and then I realized I didn't like it. Once I unchecked it - I can't get Amazon back - although it says it is there - it is invisible when I choose to edit Metadata - the Amazon choice never appears. Ever.
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #59
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Metadata download and check Amazon or click restore to defaults.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #60
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
Sorry. Amazon is still MIA. It says it is searching for it - but it never appears. I am going to uninstall and roll it back.

Well. I take it back. Maybe it is just my last few books I am trying to convert. I tried one I had already converted and it found Amazon. Weird. I will hang in there a few days.

Last edited by allowingtoo; 08-30-2013 at 11:19 PM.
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote