Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #16
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I have my library in my DropBox folder and had no problems after upgrading.
Thanks!
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #17
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Loving this, Thanks!!!!

Question: In the new Cover Grid view (which is fabulous!), is there a way to set a default sorting? When I'm working with the books, I prefer the standard view with columns, but when I switch to Cover Grid I would prefer it to display by Author sort... not a big deal, just curious.

Last edited by GoSharks; 08-23-2013 at 03:14 PM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #18
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijntje View Post
Hi,

Since the 1.0 I get the following error when I do a Library Check under Library Maintenance.
Code:
calibre, version 1.0.0
ERROR: Failed: Database integrity check failed, click Show details for details.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\check_library.py", line 56, in dump_and_restore
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 55, in ans
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1668, in dump_and_restore
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1005, in dump_and_restore
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\filenames.py", line 409, in atomic_rename
error: (5, 'MoveFileEx', 'Access is denied.')
I received the same error, my database is on a local drive but it is within my Dropbox folder. I am also using the portable version.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #19
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Congrats and thanks for such a wonderful program.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Loving this, Thanks!!!!

Question: In the new Cover Grid view (which is fabulous!), is there a way to set a default sorting? When I'm working with the books, I prefer the standard view with columns, but when I switch to Cover Grid I would prefer it to display by Author sort... not a big deal, just curious.
There is only one sort for either view.

Maybe the View Manage PI could do something if it was Grid aware
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #21
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@theducks-
Thanks....I'll stop digging and just enjoy!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #22
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
A standing ovation to Kovid, and a great big thankyou to everyone who helps in one way or another. I've never really experienced e-books and e-readers without Calibre. It's such an amazing gift. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #23
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Congratulations on 1.0
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #24
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijntje View Post
Hi,

Since the 1.0 I get the following error when I do a Library Check under Library Maintenance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It looks like something on your computer is holding onto the db file preventing it from being replaced. I'll ad a timeout and retry in the next release that might fix it.
I am having the same problem under Windows 8 and did some investigation.

In my case it turns out that the problem is that I am running an instance of calibre-sever and that has the metadata.db file in use, preventing it from being overwritten by library maintenance.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #25
wadesmith
wadesmith began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Kindle
partial download/network/firewall?

Both windows downloads, 32 and 64 bit, do not complete at my work network. Probably something on my end, as they were successful at home. Mystery....
wadesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #26
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Congratulations, Kovid and Krittika!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Congratulations!
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #28
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Loving this, Thanks!!!!

Maybe the new Sort By will make it easier for you

see attachment - Sort By feature is also available in the Details view

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 2013-08-24 , 09_24_07.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	109880  

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-23-2013 at 07:37 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #29
Deljah
Connoisseur
Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android tablet
Congratulations and thank you!!
Deljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #30
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Maybe the new Sort By will make it easier for you

see attachment - Sort By feature is also available in the Details view

BR
That definitely does the trick, thanks!