Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Post Agents of ISIS by Stephen Goldin-a new space opera series

For any science fiction readers out there, I'd like to announce the publication of my new 10-book space opera series, Agents of ISIS, beginning with the first book, Tsar Wars. All 10 books are available through Smashwords in a variety of ebook formats. You can read up to 25% of each title for free, so I hope you'll give them a try.

You should also know that I'm participating in Read An Ebook Week (March 7-13), so all my Smashwords titles are half off during that period. Otherwise, there are coupon codes at my Parsina Press Web site that give you a $2/title discount. Enjoy!
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Stephen

Looks a great series but I am intrigued on the similarity to the D'Alembert series that you wrote based on EE "Doc" Smith's notes. (I did enjoy those to be sure)

Cheers

Mike
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:49 PM   #3
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Stephen

Looks a great series but I am intrigued on the similarity to the D'Alembert series that you wrote based on EE "Doc" Smith's notes. (I did enjoy those to be sure)

Cheers

Mike
Hey Steve,

Did you and Mary Mason ever write any more of the Jade Darcy stories? Loved those, and got them again from Fictionwise when they went up. And I liked the writing style a bit more than the D'Alembert series - I think you tried to imitate Doc Smith's style, and I find it dated.

Roger
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:13 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Too expensive to me, I'm afraid...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #5
clockworkzombie
Connoisseur
clockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to behold

Device: iPad
I downloaded the first sample and found the words all enlarged and jumbled together making it impossible to read. I downloaded the epub version then used the online trial and found the same thing.
clockworkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #6
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

try the sample webreader version. That worked for me
Old 03-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #7
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Post About the Family D'Alembert series

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Stephen

Cheers

Mike
Mike,

You've got a very long memory! The original Smith novella, Imperial Stars, has been discarded. The new first book, Tsar Wars is a totally original novel. The universe and the characters have been thoroughly re-imagined, and the following 9 books--all totally written by me in the first place--were revised top-to-bottom to make Agents of ISIS 100% Goldin. As was pointed out elsewhere in this thread, the original series was stilted and dated. I'm frankly much more satisfied now that the books are free of the prior constraints. If you enjoyed the series the first time around, I think you'll be even happier with the new, improved version.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Post Jade Darcy/d'Alembert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
Hey Steve,

Did you and Mary Mason ever write any more of the Jade Darcy stories? Loved those, and got them again from Fictionwise when they went up. And I liked the writing style a bit more than the D'Alembert series - I think you tried to imitate Doc Smith's style, and I find it dated.

Roger
Roger,

Thanks for the compliment! Unfortunately, Real Life intervened and introduced complications that have delayed us from further books. (Mary's stroke in late 2001 was less than helpful.) We haven't given up, though. Work continues--entirely too slowly--on Jade Darcy: Run Out Of West, which is a prequel to Affair, set 5 years earlier and detailing Jade's first few days on Cablans. After that we plan JD and the Blue Harvest. All it takes is time and energy. Please keep the faith.

As I replied to Mike above, I totally agree with you about the d'Alembert series--which is why I've redone it now. It's still not up to the level of Jade, but I do think it's much, much better--and more realistic (if anything about a space opera can be said to be realistic). I think it's definitely been sharpened up.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Post Readability issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockworkzombie View Post
I downloaded the first sample and found the words all enlarged and jumbled together making it impossible to read. I downloaded the epub version then used the online trial and found the same thing.
Yeah, it happened to me, too. As Mike suggests below, try the HTML version. I played around with the font and size options, and it became quite readable. (Georgia font, medium size worked fine for me.) Let me know if there's further problems.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
sabredog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
Mike,

You've got a very long memory! The original Smith novella, Imperial Stars, has been discarded. The new first book, Tsar Wars is a totally original novel. The universe and the characters have been thoroughly re-imagined, and the following 9 books--all totally written by me in the first place--were revised top-to-bottom to make Agents of ISIS 100% Goldin. As was pointed out elsewhere in this thread, the original series was stilted and dated. I'm frankly much more satisfied now that the books are free of the prior constraints. If you enjoyed the series the first time around, I think you'll be even happier with the new, improved version.
Stephen

I most certainly will purchase the series. Not sure if I can acquire them all whilst on special but many thanks for taking the time to re-imagine a series that as a young teenager, fired my imagination! My parents used to buy each new Panther release for Christmas for me, so the festive season was spent nose in book Those books are long gone, a victim of a failed first marriage but I do own a middling fair condition set (first 4 in a boxed set)

Cheers and thanks

Mike
Old 03-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Too expensive to me, I'm afraid...
Being on a severely limited budget, I can understand and sympathize completely.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:55 AM   #12
clockworkzombie
Connoisseur
clockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to behold

Thank you for your responses to our questions. I too have the D'Alembert series and still re-read them. I am of course very interested in this series and will be checking out your other books too.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:46 AM   #13
sabredog

Just purchased the first two books. Thanks Stephen
Old 03-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #14
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Hope you enjoy them (and come back for more)!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #15
clockworkzombie
Connoisseur

I have purchased these books too, now the shopping cart is working correctly. I am currently enjoying book 1 just taking a little break to say thanks. I am keen to see the differences between the two series as I read further.

Tags
adventure, agents of isis, free, sample, science fiction, space opera, tsar wars