Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
Ragzilla
Ragzilla began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Having Trouble With Kobo

Hey there. I was wondering if someone could help help me with a couple of problems I am having with my Kobo.

1. I down loaded a few books with Calibre to my Kodo. They came up in the documents area rather than the books area. How can I get them into books?

2. I reformated from PDF to Epub, Reloaded the books, and now I can't find them in my Kodo.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
Ragzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
bugeyed
Connoisseur
bugeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 2, PRS-600
Try looking on your Kobo.
Sorry,
k
bugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 12:18 AM   #3
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Only PDFs show up in the Documents area. When you've converted them to EPUB, look in the Books area. Browse via title, author, etc. If they don't have the right metadata, they'll show up in odd places.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:36 AM   #4
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragzilla View Post
1. I down loaded a few books with Calibre to my Kodo. They came up in the documents area rather than the books area. How can I get them into books?
Pdf files go there. It was expected.

Quote:
2. I reformated from PDF to Epub, Reloaded the books, and now I can't find them in my Kodo.
I'd rather say you've converted them. Look for new books after you
set the way you show books, like "all", "preloaded" or "new only" or
how they are named on your device. Also, be careful to add just those
meta data you really need. Book title, author. Ascii, no fancy letters
or utf-8.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
Ragzilla
Ragzilla began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I changed the date on the Kobo, it was set a couple months ahead, books are there now.
Ragzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert