Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #31
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I wish we had Euros in the UK. I can't stand looking at the Queen's face all the time
You could always try turning the coin over...
The 'tails' side has some rather nice designs on them these days!

PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #32
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieOPah View Post
You could always try turning the coin over...
The 'tails' side has some rather nice designs on them these days!

But I'd always know she was there, lurking, being all regal and rich and that annoying voice and having her own Christmas day slice of the telly
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #33
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
How many Euros is that
A the current rate £0.02 would be 0.0234€. at the rate before Nu Liebore destroyed the economy and Brown and Darling talked down the pound it would have been 0.0322€

Yes I am a wee bit pee'd of because all my income is in now near worthless £'s when changed to €uros
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #34
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
You guys bitch about the pound falling, but it is still worth more than the dollar! Over here, people are making less on average, and it is worth less money, on top of expenses increasing faster than inflation and greater than exchange rate changes. Right now, I'm making $2 less an hour than I was a few years ago, having to drive further to get that (45 miles each way), and gas is more than twice what it was (for a while it was quadruple). I got knocked back to minimum wage, which currently is below poverty level, and one of the ones that is happy to just have a job. Ok, enough ranting from me, shit sucks everywhere. But hey, remember it could always be worse, so lets be thankful for what we do have.

Right now, I'm thankful to have good stuff to read.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #35
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Can someone help me get my book on my Reader? I have actually managed to buy epub books from Waterstone's twice before and managed to get them on my Reader, but now I'm stumped I can't remember what I did last time. My computer is authorised (both my Mac and my virtual winXP). I downlad an .ascm file, but when I double-click it just opens up Adobe Digital Editions. And that's it. Isn't it supposed to download the book to the ADE, and then I can move it to the Reader? I tried win and mac both, just in case.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #36
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Can someone help me get my book on my Reader? I have actually managed to buy epub books from Waterstone's twice before and managed to get them on my Reader, but now I'm stumped I can't remember what I did last time. My computer is authorised (both my Mac and my virtual winXP). I downlad an .ascm file, but when I double-click it just opens up Adobe Digital Editions. And that's it. Isn't it supposed to download the book to the ADE, and then I can move it to the Reader? I tried win and mac both, just in case.
It should download into Adobe DE and then you can transfer to your reader. Try clicking a few times on the different options to the left of the main library screen to see if it'll trigger the download.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #37
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
You guys bitch about the pound falling, but it is still worth more than the dollar!
But isn't everything so much cheaper in America anyway?
Old 08-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #38
PieOPah
Addict

Quote:
You should be able to find the files in \My Documents\My Digital Editions
Old 08-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #39
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It should download into Adobe DE and then you can transfer to your reader. Try clicking a few times on the different options to the left of the main library screen to see if it'll trigger the download.
ADE nagged me about updating to a new version, which I ignored at first. Now I tried instaling after all, and now it works. Annoying - one should't have to do that. And now I have six downloads of the book
Old 08-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #40
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
ADE nagged me about updating to a new version, which I ignored at first. Now I tried instaling after all, and now it works. Annoying - one should't have to do that. And now I have six downloads of the book
That's exactly what happened to me - except I stopped after 3 copies.

ITA, one shouldn't have to upgrade for the file to download - really, really bad design.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #41
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
That's exactly what happened to me - except I stopped after 3 copies.

ITA, one shouldn't have to upgrade for the file to download - really, really bad design.
After installing, I got a message that ADE would assume ... um, some operation or other, which I guess could mean that the upgrade check conflicted with downloading new files. Maybe it was not intentional, but I agree, very bad design.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #42
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPigg View Post
My new book The Third Pig Detective Agency is now available to download from Waterstones.
Is there a US planned release (or an easy way to buy from Waterstones when not in the UK)?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #43
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Is there a US planned release (or an easy way to buy from Waterstones when not in the UK)?
I'm not in the UK, and I could easily buy the book. Have you tried?
Old 08-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #44
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I didn't notice any outright geographical restrictions when I've bought from them, but then again I'm in the UK so maybe it has a script or something that detects if you're outside of Mainland Europe?
Old 08-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #45
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
When I bought it, I had to register as a new customer, and while doing that I just had to tell them that I was out of the UK, and they presented me with a different address form (that would let me enter in an address in the US style). Just remember enter state where it says county. After I did that, I installed adobe editions, hit the download link, it listed a file other than the ebook, which I told my browser to open up in Adobe Digital Editions, rather than saving, and ADE did the rest. Not quite as simple as the native stores for the Kindle and the Sony readers, but still very simple.

As far as things being cheaper here, not really anymore. Some things are, but not all anymore. I recently had a cost compare session with a friend in the UK when I was talking about how I couldn't afford to get an iPhone because of the monthly fee, and for instance our cell plans are way more expensive, plus we have to pay for all incoming calls and messages. Internet service is another thing. I have a 1.5mbit connection that I pay $40 a month for, where as friends in London are paying in the neighborhood of 8-10 gbp for an 8mbit connection.

Last edited by Hellmark; 08-07-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote