Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
herbdb
herbdb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Duplicate titles on PRS700 with SD card

I am using an SD card with the PRS 700. I would like to keep my files just on the SD card rather than a combination of the storage devices, so I can use collections. You can't mix books stored in different places in a collection.

I am getting duplicates of all of the books on the reader every time I plug it into the computer and bring up the ebook library software. I can manually delete the titles from the reader, but they are restored every time I plug in the reader to the computer.

If I try to delete them from either the SD card or the reader using the ebook software, it says they are synced items and that I have to delete them from the library.

If I do this are they lost forever?

It it possible to keep the reader from syncing when it is plugged in?

Herb
herbdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
herbdb
herbdb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Excellent!! Thank you
herbdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
I have a similar problem-except that somehow I've got x number of items in my library-so if I click for my memory card to sync to the library-I have the same number BUT there are more items on my reader itself.I want to keep everything on the memory card and not on the reader.What is the easiest way to accomplish this ? I'm not sure where the extra items on the reader come from,but I don't want to lose them either...

Thanks in advance.
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:12 AM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
when you plug the reader into you computer, 2 folders should pop up, one for the memory card, one for the readers internal memory.

move everything from the internal to the memory card
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #6
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
Thanks-and then set things to sync to the memory card instead of the reader.I am assuming it makes the most sense to have the memory card in the reader instead of inserted into the computer (I'm very pleased,picked up a 8GB memory stick pro for $40 at best buy-after my last reader broke,I switched the 1GB card(and hadnt gotten around to using) to a digi cam instead). -as if I really need MORE documents to carry around.
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote