Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #271
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Amazon really dropped the ball with the MYK page. They could make life so much easier if they wanted to (LOL). Multiple delete options, the ability to download a spreadsheet with title, author, purchase price, purchase date, et al.

Thanks, Blossom!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #272
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Amazon really dropped the ball with the MYK page. They could make life so much easier if they wanted to (LOL). Multiple delete options, the ability to download a spreadsheet with title, author, purchase price, purchase date, et al.

Thanks, Blossom!
I'd be happy if only it loaded quicker. It can take a long time just to delete one book.

A spreadsheet would be nice. The Shelfari does export to a TSV file so it's close to that. You can also browse the covers are see all the books you'll never read.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-25-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #273
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I just logged into my Shelfari account which I haven't used in years. Is there a way I'm not seeing to delete all of your books so you can start from scratch. I'm liking the idea of using it instead of checking MYK in certain instances. I have over 6,000 Kindle books and it takes a looong time to get it all loaded.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #274
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I just logged into my Shelfari account which I haven't used in years. Is there a way I'm not seeing to delete all of your books so you can start from scratch. I'm liking the idea of using it instead of checking MYK in certain instances. I have over 6,000 Kindle books and it takes a looong time to get it all loaded.
Try List view. I think you can batch delete that way.
Go to List view then Bulk and you can select all that way and delete.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-25-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #275
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Try List view. I think you can batch delete that way.
Thanks. Have check each book off individually as there's no select all, but at least it's better than the other way.
Advert
Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #276
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks. Have check each book off individually as there's no select all, but at least it's better than the other way.
Click on Bulk and you can select all and delete your books.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #277
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Click on Bulk and you can select all and delete your books.
Ahhh, thanks again. I haven't been on the site since 2007 or 2008 so I'm totally unfamiliar with navigating it.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #278
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Ahhh, thanks again. I haven't been on the site since 2007 or 2008 so I'm totally unfamiliar with navigating it.

I'm just learning. I forget where I read about it allowing importing your purchases but I did this after I wanted to see the covers of the books and trying use it to organize my Calibre Library where I keep my backups. I didn't get very far with that but it does come in handy with exporting your books to a spreadsheet.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #279
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I'm sitting here watching Shelfari load my Amazon purchase history. I suspect this could take a while. Really curious to see what my total is.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #280
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Do they still make you go thru a bunch of hoops in order to download the TSV file?

they had this enabled, then decided you had to add friends, share on social media, do a bunch of annoying things, then you could get enough "points" to be able to download a file.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #281
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

I don't think the Shelfari thing's going to work for me. It's 60% or the way through importing and there's already a mile long list of titles under "Some of your books were not imported:". I'll let it play out and see if they can be imported after this batch, but there's no way I want to spend the time to add each one manually.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #282
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Do they still make you go thru a bunch of hoops in order to download the TSV file?

they had this enabled, then decided you had to add friends, share on social media, do a bunch of annoying things, then you could get enough "points" to be able to download a file.
Nope. I don't have any friends or social media accounts connected, and I just selected "export your books" from the shelf drop down, it went to the account page and started downloading the file after a few seconds.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #283
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
thanks for this info - i hadn't been in shelfari in years, and had no idea how useful it is!

Quote:
No auto you have to go to import books while you on your shelf and the options is there. Once you get all your books imported it takes not long at all to update it each time.

I do it once a week.

My MYK page takes over 5 minutes to load.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #284
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

No. They must of got rid of this. I don't do social on there. Just GoodReads and Facebook.

I just go to my shelf and export books then click button and it takes a few minutes but it auto downloads the TSV file to my PC.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-25-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #285
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I just add the pbooks I have to Calibre. I note it is a pbook. Calibre author sort is terrific!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote