Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #181
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
I've recently purchased a samsung galaxy s3 (4.8" size), and find that using mantano reader for epubs the books are very readable for me even with my poor eyesight because one can increase font sizes within a wide range; however, for a normal pdf file, the letters are extremely small if the full page is shown.
The Moon+ reader app allows you to reverse the text so that it's white text on black background. I don't have bad eyesight, but do find that this is a lot easier to read in low light conditions, it may be of use to you too.

Disclaimer; the app is nothing to do with me, I just liked it.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:33 AM   #182
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Bricorn,
Some time ago, I tested various readers for accuracy with my 10" android tablet in correctly formatting smallcaps/embedded fonts and various complex formatting tags, and found at that time that Mantano gave the the most consistent results for epub formats. With an e-ink reader I rarely try to read in low light but Mantano does white on black if desired - I didn't really like that effect.

Cool Reader was my 2nd most favorite but perhaps if I retested with the newest version I might find CR is much better with epubs than previously.

Last edited by bobcdy; 02-04-2014 at 12:38 AM.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #183
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
With an e-ink reader I rarely try to read in low light but Mantano does white on black if desired - I didn't really like that effect.
I read almost exclusively with white on black...because I normally read at night in bed when my wife is asleep. I wouldn't say I like it, but it works well and I've grown used to it.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote