Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #61
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
So when I try to update to 0.3.22, I get the following:

Code:
sudo easy_install -U libprs500
Searching for libprs500
Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/libprs500/
Reading http://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net
Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/libprs500/0.3.22
Best match: libprs500 0.3.21
Processing libprs500-0.3.21-py2.5.egg
What gives? It seems to know that there is a 0.3.22, but insists that 0.3.21 is the best match? Huh?
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #62
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
oops should be fine now
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2007, 02:22 PM   #63
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The versions just keep rolling on
1) Has automatic chapter detection (to force page-breaks before chapters).
This can be controlled via two new command line options.
2) Fixed adding of redundant TextStyle and BlockStyle elements to LRF. This should make the generated files smaller.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #64
Pode
Pode began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I just want to add a quick line, the batch command to convert quickly a whole directory of HTML files in Windows is the following one :

for %f in (*.html *.htm) do html2lrf %f

I have forgottent how to do proper batch scripts, and I needed to google it, so I suppose this could help someone else...
Pode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #65
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Thanks I might add a command line option to do batch processing. What Would you prefer recursive processing (i.e. directory and all subdirs) or only the top level directory?
Advert
Old 05-11-2007, 12:36 PM   #66
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Released 0.3.25
1) Fixed bug introduced in 0.3.24 that caused CSS formatting not to be picked up from <style> tags. Sorry about that.
2) Added support for the reading attribute to lrf-meta

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank FangornUK, Thiana, Xenophon and igorsk for the great job they've been doing as beta testers.

Also I'd like to thank all those of you that have donated to support libprs500. As the proverbial penniless grad student, your generosity is much appreciated.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #67
magogo
magogo began at the beginning.

Hi, kovidgoyal. I tried your html2lrf to convert offline contents into a single lrf. I would say it's great.

I have a suggestion, would you add an option to remove unresolved links which will leave something like "Link: " in the document? I also find that "Link: " replaces the text of the link which is not followed.
magogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #68
Thiana
Thiana began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magogo
I have a suggestion, would you add an option to remove unresolved links which will leave something like "Link: " in the document? I also find that "Link: " replaces the text of the link which is not followed.
Or maybe copy the iSilo method of dealing with unresolved links? Have the link text point to a page at the end of the lrf which has the list of unresolved links for the book.
Thiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #69
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Released 0.3.26
1) Rationalized CLI
2) Improved img handling
3) Automatic page breaks on user specified elements if the HTML file doesn't have page-break information
4) Show link text rather than href by default for broken links

There were a lot of changes in this release so there may be new bugs. Look over your LRF files.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:18 AM   #70
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

0.3.27 with a treat for linux users
The CLI now has BASH completion!
The installation script assumes the completion file should go into /etc/bash_completion.d, if that's not the correct location for your distro you should make a symlink.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:02 AM   #71
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Superb! html2lrf is now the best "HTML to LRF" converter out there, surpassing Book Designer. Thanks for fixing the image centring. The CSS handling means Gutenberg books convert wonderfully.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #72
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Regarding libprs500-gui:
Would be it possible to have it remember the column width when switching from one view to the next (i.e. library > reader > card)? On my system anyway (Ubuntu Feisty) it always resets the width, cutting off most of the book titles as I go back and forth...
Or even remember those settings and perhaps even the window size when re-opening?
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #73
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Open a bug report and I'll see that it makes it into 0.4.0
https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/newticket

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 05-13-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:49 AM   #74
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
One thing, would you expect that libprs500 would be able to see the reader on Windows (with the latest version of connect & reader firmware)?

If I try the command line version I just get a Reader not found message.
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:25 AM   #75
Thiana
Thiana began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyQ
One thing, would you expect that libprs500 would be able to see the reader on Windows (with the latest version of connect & reader firmware)?
CONNECT and libprs use two different USB drivers. Just uninstall the connect one, then install the one libprs provides. You don't even need to reboot.

Thiana
Thiana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
html2lrf, libprs500