Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
PDF on K2 Screenshots for Fpoama

A new member PM'd me asking if I'd try a PDF on my K2 and get some screenshots. Here they are Fpoama.

1) Portrait mode fit to screen

2) Portrait mode 150%

3) Portrait mode 200%

4) Landscape mode fit to screen

5) Landscape mode 150%

6) Landscape mode 200%

There is also a 300% option and a 'actual size' option (which for this PDF was only slightly smaller than 150%).

This PDF had a page size of 6.74" x 8.42"

I posted them here thinking they might be useful to others too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-32587.gif
Views:	439
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	54116   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-32588.gif
Views:	432
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	54117   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-32589.gif
Views:	399
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	54118   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-32592.gif
Views:	377
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	54119   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-32590.gif
Views:	415
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	54120   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-32591.gif
Views:	378
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	54121  
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
Fpoama
Fpoama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for doing this. Looks pretty good when fit to screen and the zoom makes it look even better. Guess I will wait to see if the rumors about a Kindle 3 coming out soon are true and then decide which to get.
Fpoama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Just to add, it does remember the zoom when going to the next page too. Some readers don't.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
blackcat
Connoisseur
blackcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD, Ipad 4
ooh that is good, a lot better than I expected as well - now erring towards the kindle 2 !
blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
well, i'll try to make a video of various PDFs on my kindle 2 once i get an exchange
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
This is very impressive. There are several things that hold me back on a Kindle 2, I heard the screen contrast is worse compared to the nook (the font color is even less dark than old Kindle or so I was told); and the Kindle does not support library loaned epubs; and it lacks user replaceable battery and SD card support.

Last edited by Sylver; 06-28-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #7
M_Agnum
Bezos > Jobs
M_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
That is actually looking really good; better than I expected. Given that the iPad and Kindle DX are about 2.5X the cost of the Kindle, I think I could definitely deal with those kinds of results.

Thanks for posting those!
M_Agnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
M_Agnum
Bezos > Jobs
M_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Here are some PDF examples of this technical document: http://www.xilinx.com/support/docume..._1/edk_ctt.pdf

Thanks to my cousin. Hope this helps anyone that was interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0374.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	54281   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-57706.gif
Views:	306
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	54282   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-57707.gif
Views:	271
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	54283   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-57708.gif
Views:	307
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	54284   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-57709.gif
Views:	277
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	54285  
M_Agnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
..... I heard the screen contrast is worse compared to the nook (the font color is even less dark than old Kindle or so I was told); and the Kindle does not support library loaned epubs; and it lacks user replaceable battery and SD card support.
I don't know about the nook vs kindle resolution I've only seen the nook at the store and I could not tell the difference.

However I am able to read on the kindle just fine and don't have any issues. Fonts in my experience are crisp.

No the kindle does not support lending out library books, for me the real issue is my local library does not even lend out ebooks.

The battery is replaceable, it's not like the iPhone where the battery is soldered on. Youtube has a video to show you how to easy it is to replace your battery in less than 5min.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #10
robb01
Connoisseur
robb01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
looks good
robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote