Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited?
Yes 47 20.80%
No 179 79.20%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #61
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
1) I own a Kobo.
2) It's not available in Canada.

So no, I won't subscribe to Kindle Unlimited.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:18 PM   #62
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by exachillus View Post
That is a good point. That makes it a spicy deal
I've gone through two of them only today.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:43 AM   #63
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I've gone through two of them only today.
On what device are you listening to the KU audiobooks?

I keep waffling...will I keep it, won't I keep it....if I didn't already have a vast unread library, it would be an easy decision. I may keep it for a month or two beyond the trial, just to see if it is right for me, or not.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:47 AM   #64
hardcastle
Zealot
hardcastle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hardcastle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hardcastle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hardcastle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hardcastle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hardcastle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hardcastle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hardcastle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hardcastle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hardcastle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hardcastle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Gray Kindle Basic
I will probably subscribe for a few months. Several books I've been meaning to read are included and I find the idea of a eBook subscription service (that works with eink) compelling.
hardcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #65
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
On what device are you listening to the KU audiobooks?

I keep waffling...will I keep it, won't I keep it....if I didn't already have a vast unread library, it would be an easy decision. I may keep it for a month or two beyond the trial, just to see if it is right for me, or not.
iPhone. But you can load them on anything. My iPod Nano synced and played them fine after I transferred them over to iTunes.

The current books I have rented out don't include the Audible books though. So I have to actually read those. LOL.

I'm using a combo of my computer screen and Paperwhite for those.

I wish the return process was a lot better. The four clicks to do so are a real pain.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:38 AM   #66
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
iPhone. But you can load them on anything. My iPod Nano synced and played them fine after I transferred them over to iTunes.

The current books I have rented out don't include the Audible books though. So I have to actually read those. LOL.

I'm using a combo of my computer screen and Paperwhite for those.

I wish the return process was a lot better. The four clicks to do so are a real pain.
You shouldn't have to click anything??? Just check out a new one, and it will prompt you to return one of the ones you have out.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:43 AM   #67
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You shouldn't have to click anything??? Just check out a new one, and it will prompt you to return one of the ones you have out.
Only if you're at the 10 book limit.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #68
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Only if you're at the 10 book limit.
If you aren't at the 10-book limit, then there is definitely no need to go through a four-click process to return them.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #69
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
No, I won't subscribe. I have no interest in Amazon's ecosystem. As a matter of fact, even though I have a Kindle, I've only bought a handful of books from them. Most are bought as ePubs.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #70
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Only because it comes with the audiobooks. I'll be using them more than the ebooks to be honest.
That's the draw for me, too.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #71
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPE View Post
No, I won't subscribe. I have no interest in Amazon's ecosystem. As a matter of fact, even though I have a Kindle, I've only bought a handful of books from them. Most are bought as ePubs.
Back when I bought my third ereader (thats a long story for a different day) I chose amazon's echo system for one and only one reason, their willingness to under cut their competition's prices. A behavior that I want to encourage.

Jessica - since you have signed up already,what do you think of the program?

Last edited by jbcohen; 07-23-2014 at 10:52 AM.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #72
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm trying out the free trial. It's okay, but for 600,000 books the selection is fairly dismal right now. Still, I got hold of a few books I was somewhat interested in. I won't pay for it right now, but could see doing so in the future.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #73
Aanya
Enthusiast
Aanya began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Wow!! interesting.

Unlimited reading.. also supporting play books?
Aanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #74
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I've signed up for the 30-day free trial, and I will probably keep it beyond 30 days. Although I'm not overly impressed with the selection, I did notice quite a few titles that I've previously purchased (unfortunately), so at least they do have some titles that I plan to read. Although I also subscribe to Scribd, there appears to be relatively little overlap at this point. (Actually, I wish there was more overlap, as I prefer to read on my Kindle rather than a tablet or phone.) I am enjoying an audiobook that was available with my initial selection, and certainly the audiobook "bonus" when available is significant compared to other subscription plans.

So I plan to maintain the subscription, at least for a few months, as it makes a nice supplement to Scribd and to my local library. Hopefully the choice of books will improve, but I already have added quite a few to my wish list, certainly enough to keep me busy for a few months.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #75
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I signed up for KU when I heard about the 3 free audible credits, see link below. After signing up for KU, I still don't see a new credit on my audible page. Is there another step to claim the 1st credit or did you guys just see it added right away?

http://www.audible.com/mt/KUTerms
rguion is offline   Reply With Quote