Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #46
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Now that The Winds Of Khalakovo is nominated I should mention that this is available for free on epub from [link on hold - moderator]. Grab it now people.
Thank you for the link!! Much Karma to you.

Last edited by dreams; 06-25-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm thirding The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. And with that, we have our ten books.

Alright, this thread is over and done with. Move along and wait for the voting thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #48
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
We now have the 10 fully nominated books listed in post #1.

The complete list of all nominated books is in post #2.

Please let me know of any errors. Thank you.

Last edited by dreams; 06-25-2011 at 01:02 PM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #49
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh No! Now I really have to choose:
Storm Front: Book one of The Dresden Files,
The Fairy Godmother (book 1 in Five Hundred Kingdoms series) by Mercedes Lackey,
or
The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, Book 1 by Michael Scott

Decisions, decisions, decisions....
Old 06-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #50
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Oh No! Now I really have to choose:
Storm Front: Book one of The Dresden Files,
The Fairy Godmother (book 1 in Five Hundred Kingdoms series) by Mercedes Lackey,
or
The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, Book 1 by Michael Scott

Decisions, decisions, decisions....
you can cross The Alchemist out. it's a good book, sure, but it's also the first book in a series, which make you read its sequels. and its sequels suck.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #51
Nyssa
Series Addict

I will keep that in mind.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can also cross off Storm Front. I've read it and The Fairy Godmother would make a much better July read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #53
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can also cross off Storm Front. I've read it and The Fairy Godmother would make a much better July read.
My dilemma -

Dresden is a series I know I want to read.

Fairy Godmother is a series I think I'd like to read, and expect to really enjoy. In fact, I got the first book weeks ago when it was first mentioned on another thread. It looks like a true fantasy series.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #54
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Now that The Winds Of Khalakovo is nominated I should mention that this is available for free on epub from [link on hold - moderator]. Grab it now people.
Hmmm. Hope I haven't done anything wrong. I think this website came up in Calibre under its Get Books function so I assumed it was legit. I'd only downloaded it recently from Barnes & Noble for free so it didn't look unusual. Maybe I've made an error.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #55
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Hmmm. Hope I haven't done anything wrong. I think this website came up in Calibre under its Get Books function so I assumed it was legit. I'd only downloaded it recently from Barnes & Noble for free so it didn't look unusual. Maybe I've made an error.
You are exactly right that the book was available for free from the Barnes & Noble website. It was for a limited period until the 9th June. The link we removed was not to an authorized free copy of that title.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #56
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
The Poll is open:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=140566
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #57
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
You are exactly right that the book was available for free from the Barnes & Noble website. It was for a limited period until the 9th June. The link we removed was not to an authorized free copy of that title.

Cheers,
Marc
Thanks for clarifying. I was worried that the copy I downloaded from Barnes & Noble might also have been suspect.

Apologies for the misinformation people. I have sent an email to the owners of the site I had linked to and asked them to check the legality of this offering. They have means to notify them of potential copyright infringement so I'm guessing the service itself does not intend to break the law and that they would respond to such a notification.

If you profited from my poor suggestion, please reconsider and either delete the book or purchase from Baen. Again, apologies for the inconvenience.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote